Onshore Partner Visa Application time

Guest MikeywOw

Guest MikeywOw

Hi guys last week i handed my app in to the brisbane office i was just wondering how long it takes. Also im on a WHV and expires in dec then what do i do ??

Thanks in adv

Guest GeorgeD

Don't know the current onshore processing time (usually around 10 months last time I read), but do know that when your WHV expires you will be issued a Bridging Visa to allow you to remain in Oz while you await the decision on your Partner Visa. Others here have done this. I believe you can apply for the 6 month employment rule to be lifted to allow you to remain with an employer. You will have work rights on your Bridging Visa as you had them on the WHV when you applied for the Spouse Visa.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mike,

Once you apply for the Partner visa you are outomaticllay issued with a Bridging Visa - with the same conditions as your previous visa. So you can stay in Australia until they reach a decision on your Partner Visa.

If you do need to leave you will have to apply for a Bridging Visa B $105 to get permission each time to leave.

Imigration are quoting 12 months at the moment.

We applied in Jan 2011 and have not heard anything. Was originally quoted as 6 months and then 9 and now 12 months!!!

You can apply to DIAC to have the 6 months working condition lifted - there is a special form you can get from the webiste that you complete and send to them. They will then advise if you can get permission to work for longer than 6 months per employer.

Hope this helps