You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

The Pom Queen

Disneyland in Australia

There were talks at a recent conference of Disney Land coming to Cairns, unfortunately it will probably be a load of hot air as we have been here before in 2009. Tourism leaders say it will be a complete waste of money and we don't have enough tourism for this kind of thing. What's the saying "build it and they will come"

Do you think Australia should have a Disneyland?

DisneyCharacters.jpg

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

If they do, it probably shouldn't be in the tropics unless they greatly improve their shade and seating provisions. Eurodisney is bad enough on a hot summers day, was one of the worst theme parks I've ever been to in terms of shade/greenery/seats. Horrible concrete jungle (admittedly I've not been in the last decade, so hopefully they've improved things).

Bring it over to WA is what I say - we've got loads of room. I love Disney and was like a little kid when we visited and stayed in a Disney Hotel to to get the whole experience ...

Have a magical day lol

edit to add - Universal have opened a park in Singapore ... be a short plane ride over to the West Coast

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

I would love it here but we have a small town mentality, and they rely so heavily on the GBR. The locals say they don't want their part of paradise spoiling, BUT, tourism is where all the jobs are.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

edit to add - Universal have opened a park in Singapore ... be a short plane ride over to the West Coast

:yes: tickets booked for November, looking forward to it.

Guest juliemtaylor

Yes to Disneyland here please, but down here in Vic!

Julie x

Julie x

Julie

It's too cold to have it in Vic lol x:tongue:

Wow that would be good if you got a disney land! I went to it last year and i had a great time, sometimes i felt slightly old but i saw older people than me without children with them lol. Your right it would create lots of jobs and tourism x

Julie x

There was lots of talk / plans to make Werribee Zoo into a big theme park ('African Safari World') a few years ago -The group behind the theme park bid - Village Roadshow own Sea World, Movie World, and Wet 'n Wild on the Gold Coast, so were serious players.

Unfortunately, talks between Village Roadshow & the govt fell through and the plans were abandoned in 2008

go for it, tourism didn't hit Orlando until they built Disney World, personally I like it as I do rain forests,

Cal

Job offer April 2011, Reccie July 2011, 457 submitted 21/09/2011, my medical only 14/10/11, medical submitted 21/10/11 (IT issues), referred 21/10/11, approved 27/10/11, landed 24/4/12, PR submitted (decision ready) June 2012, PR granted August 2013

Build it in WA as the East Coast already has loads of theme parks and touristy things. WA would get loads of tourists from Asia to visit it, and the climate is better suited to it (not that I'm biased as a future hopeful WA resident with 3 kids !!):laugh:

Justin TRA 8/4/11 success 10/5/11, WA SS sent 10/5/11 - approved 16/5/11, 176 lodged 1/6/11, CO 26/6/11, Meds 16/8/11, Finalised 26/8/11, PCC 16/9/11, VISA GRANTED 1/11/11 Arrived in Perth 12/11/2012:ssign19:

Guest BRISSYBOUND

If it goes anywhere, it be the Gold Coast.