Disneyland in Australia

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

There were talks at a recent conference of Disney Land coming to Cairns, unfortunately it will probably be a load of hot air as we have been here before in 2009. Tourism leaders say it will be a complete waste of money and we don't have enough tourism for this kind of thing. What's the saying "build it and they will come"

Do you think Australia should have a Disneyland?

DisneyCharacters.jpg

If they do, it probably shouldn't be in the tropics unless they greatly improve their shade and seating provisions. Eurodisney is bad enough on a hot summers day, was one of the worst theme parks I've ever been to in terms of shade/greenery/seats. Horrible concrete jungle (admittedly I've not been in the last decade, so hopefully they've improved things).

Bring it over to WA is what I say - we've got loads of room. I love Disney and was like a little kid when we visited and stayed in a Disney Hotel to to get the whole experience ...

Have a magical day lol

edit to add - Universal have opened a park in Singapore ... be a short plane ride over to the West Coast

Guest The Pom Queen

I would love it here but we have a small town mentality, and they rely so heavily on the GBR. The locals say they don't want their part of paradise spoiling, BUT, tourism is where all the jobs are.

Yes to Disneyland here please, but down here in Vic!

Julie x

There was lots of talk / plans to make Werribee Zoo into a big theme park ('African Safari World') a few years ago -The group behind the theme park bid - Village Roadshow own Sea World, Movie World, and Wet 'n Wild on the Gold Coast, so were serious players.

Unfortunately, talks between Village Roadshow & the govt fell through and the plans were abandoned in 2008