Looking to meet other mums in Brisbane

Guest Blackie

Guest Blackie

I moved to Brisbane at the end of June with my partner and our 17 month old daughter. I would love to meet up with other mums for playdates and friendship. GIve me a shout if you fancy it.

Guest FayeandKeith

Hi, we've been in Brisbane for 2 months now - and we have been in our rental in The Gap for 3 weeks. I also have a 17 mnth old daughter, and a 3 1/2 yr old daughter and a 6 1/2 yr old son. Yep - never boring LOL. Be great to meet up I have my middle daughter in a kindy a few days a week but have been looking for things to do with Kaia. Would love to meet up x

• 1 month later...

Hi girls!

I'm keen to meet up with the little ones! I have a 14 month old son.

Been in Brisbane since Nov 10, and moving to The Gap in 7 weeks fro

Bulimba. Faye, do you enjoy living in the Gap? Where abouts are you, Blackie?

Be good to hear from you! Phee x

Guest FayeandKeith

Hi Phee

We love The Gap! Has everything you need close by, the people are great and a real community feel. I had a car accident when we first got here and everyone was just amazing, total strangers just going out of their way to help. The Gap has some good schools and my son is really happy at his. All the neighbours know each other, my son rides his bike outside with his mates all day and everyone keeps a watch out for the kids. Just what we wanted to come here for! Have you bought a house here? Whereabouts? Yep would be great to meet up, haven't met up with any expats at all, made some Aussie friends, but would also be nice to chat to someone who can relate.

Faye x

Guest Blackie

Hi Phee

We live in Carina, but am in Bulimba quite a bit as we love the park there. If you fancy meeting up there before you move let me know.

Faye - I had sent you a pm with my number but not sure if you have got it? If you want to meet up let me know and I'll pm again.

Harriet x

Hiya girls

Faye, you have made me want to live in the gap even more now. So sorry to hear about your accident but that's so sweet people came and helped. Do you guys hear planes at all? One of the reasons we are moving from Bulimba is we are right over the flight path and they drive me bonkers! We are renting for 6 months first, just to make sure we love the area. I've seen a house I like and hoping it stays on the Market for another few weeks. It's opposite the school - up on a hill. Where abouts are you??

Harriet, yes let's meet up! We love the parks too! Our new favourite is the one behind love street on the river as it's a giant sandpit with cool equipment! Not as messy as memorial park. I've pm'd you my mobile. Send me a text and we will arrange a meet up!

Phee :0)

Hi ladies, we have just relocated here from Edinburgh, currently living in the CBD until our container arrives and then looking to move to The Gap or one of the Northern suburbs. I am really keen to meet other Mums and get the kids out and about. We have 3 kids, 2 girls aged 1 & nearly 3 and a boy aged 4, nearly 5. Would love to come along to a meet up. We will have a car so I don't mind driving to meet up. Hope you are all settling in well. Jane x

Hey folks, I've arranged (assuming madcatjane can make it!) to meet on Wednesday morning at 10am at New Farm Park - does anyone else fancy coming along? Weather forecast looks good!

Oops, forgot to say Hi! I'm Ellie, I've been in Brisbane for a month, and just moved into our rental in Ferny Hills last week. I'm here with my husband and two children - Ben (3 and a half) and Keira (22 Months)!