moving to perth in 2012..is anyone else?

perthpom2011

Guest LilWelshGirl

Hey! im flying out from UK at the beginning of March if you are around then? Not sure how long i will stay in Perth as im planning to do a bit of travelling but would be lovely to meet up with someone when i get out there!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We used Destination Oz and didn't receive the same service. Not sure if it was due to my trade... tbh if your situation is fairly standard then all the info required is on line and if you hit any issues this forum is fantastic. There is always someone on here to point you in the right direction.

Here! here!

Did not rate his service at all which is sad really as he is a smashing bloke, In fact I dropped his services and carried out the whole lot myself!

When we started the process we lay awake wondering which agent to select after having several quotes.

My application was never going to be easy due to many obstacles which we forseen in advance and explained but dont think they actually sank in with him.

Final straw was having to call to inform him of things i had to do which he had no idea about and asked me to email him details for future reference to inform his other clients!!!

This site has been invaluble to us for preparing our application and subsequently obtaining our visa

1st class Poms in OZ.

Gary & Sue

Guest nikki35
Hi guys, I sat my IELTS yesterday , long 14 day wait now.

Can anyone tell me my next step please if my results are what I require.

I'm looking at applying for a 175 skilled as I'm a plumber. Is this the best way forward??

if all goes well could be looking to move over in 12 months or so ( visa permitting)

Do I find a agent next to start the process moving

Please help

Many thanks

Hi. Im not an expert by any way but I would try and get a sponsorship form an employer first? Much cheaper way of doing things? Migration consultant will cost around 4k.

Hope that helps..

Nic

Guest Xlbrit

Hi all, myself and my wife are coming over for a reccie on 30th Jan with a view to move over in March time frame. I will be working in the Welshpool area but not decided where to live yet so any pointers would be good. We would also love to meet up with others. We have two boys aged 8 and 2.

Guest hmiles

Hi, we will be arriving in perth in June. Fancy being our guinea pig? Not sure where we are heading yet, probably northern suburbs. Let us know how ya get on.

Guest benjiboy

we are moving to perth in feb time not finalized yet

got a good job wit hitatchi in welshpool so walking straight in to work is great

hoping to live in the same area for handyness

im a deisil fitter 26 wife beauty theripist 26 and kids 3 and 10 months

really loking forward to it

scary to but determined to make it a good move

getting my acc sorted for first month by employer so big help

if any one has any tips or contavts for cheap hou

se furniture etc even a car lol would be much appreiciated

will be happy to return the favor

Hi my husband and I have our flights booked and we arrive in Perth on the 9th May! We've booked short term accommodation in Shenton Park but don't know where we'll stay long-term. We have no jobs yet but a few promising contacts. Hopefully we'll manage to get jobs quickly when we arrive.

Hi Moved from the uk to rockingham last march with my hubby and 3 cherubs, came with 6 suitcases, thats it!! me and my hubby both 30, he works away alot, so find myself to wrapped up in family life to actually meet anyone, but if you fancy a coffee few drinks, let me know, my daughter starts kindy next month, which means i will be rather lost for 2 and a half days a week!! hope everything is going well for u :0)

Ali

Guest Duckymomo

hi benjiboy,

OH also a diesel fitter and got job with Hitatchi, just waiting on visa. We have kids 7 and 8 months. We're looking at Forrestfield, Southern River, Thornlie areas as will be close to Welshpool. I've heard you can get good furniture in charity shops and there's IKEA there. Are you shipping your furniture over? We too are looking for cars online just to get idea's of prices, etc. Might see you there soon.

Em

Seem like a lot of Brits moving over this year. We would like to meet up with a few when we land march time. Is there anywhere the Brits tend to meet up.

Hi there, my husband & I are moving to Perth in May with our son who will be 8 months old then. Can't wait!! Would love to get in touch with people who will also be moving around that time for a bit of support!! Neither of us have jobs lined up yet, but are searching the Internet almost every day, and we are bringing our 2 dogs with us. We have somewhere lined up to stay for the first 2 months so will hopefully find somewhere to rent long term within that time & before the dogs come out of quarantine. We are a bit nervous about it all but really excited about a new start & cannot wait for a bit of sunshine :biggrin:

Hi mate My fiancee and I are moving to perth in April,let me know how you get on,keep in touch and maybe meet up soon.

Plenty of nice stories od ppl maling lots of friends over there so chin up and stay lucky

Jon

hey guys im moving to perth jan/feb dont know many people in perth is anyone else heading out and would like to meet up/make new friends:cool:im 27 years old

Hi we are also moving over to Perth in April...so keep in touch all and lets meet up,no worries mate !!!

John n Annette

Hi we are planning on moving out to Perth in Jan/Feb/march, we have a few friends already out their but we will definitely be looking to meet more people and make more friends.