moving to perth in 2012..is anyone else?

perthpom2011

We simply cant wait to get there also,

Wanted SA when starting our journey but now its WA all the way and hopefully this will be a reality in the coming weeks with just the police checks remaining, Sometimes wish i didnt wait for instruction from C/O but suppose it wont matter come the end how long it takes to get the visa,

In perth Feb 2012 looking for a home with the possibility of moving before May 2012.

Just myself and my wife as no children and cant wait to start a new life and meet some great mates to share some tinnies with.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and my Hubby will move to PERTH next year by August or may be before that :) Now saving money for flights, initial few months rental !!!!!

Hi we doing exactly the same at the minute, saving like mad for everything, we are hoping to do over in Feb. :biggrin:

Hi all

we fly out to perth 12th November getting excited now but scared too, shippers are coming next week to pack stuff as we have rented house out, sooooo stressed at the moment but i know it will be all worth it - bring on the sun xxxx

If our 457 Visa comes through in the next few weeks we will be joining you, we hope to fly out on the 26th November:biggrin:

Guest D Ford
Hi we are planning on moving out to Perth in Jan/Feb/march, we have a few friends already out their but we will definitely be looking to meet more people and make more friends.

Hi Hannz, just noticed that we're both in the North East! I'm hoping to move to Perth with DH & DD (7 months old) after Christmas. Lots to sort out before we go! What about you? x

Hi Hannz, just noticed that we're both in the North East! I'm hoping to move to Perth with DH & DD (7 months old) after Christmas. Lots to sort out before we go! What about you? x

Hi we live in Sunderland, hoping to move to Perth in Feb/March, aiming for Feb though. We found a lovely lady from PIO who is going to rent us a room in her home until we get sorted, she lives in Clarkson, how about you?:biggrin:

Guest D Ford

I'm in Gateshead but originally from Singapore & DH's from North Yorkshire. Been living in the north east for 8 years now. Love it here but moving for work & to 'see the world'. We'll be living with a friend in subiaco for the first month before moving into rented. Will definitely be NOR! You moving across there on your own or with family? X

We want to travel a bit too. I'm going across with my OH, Phill. Subiaco is very central, very nice, that was my first choice of renting. Looking forward to the adventure.

Lorraine

Hi all,

Me, my husband ( a engineer) and 2 children age 6 and 3 are hoping to arrive later in the year of 2012. We are wanting to move to the Perth area and will be renting when we arrive near a school.

We have only just started the application process so still got lots to do but it will be worth it. Like most people, we want a better future for our children and a better quality of life.

Hi all,

Me, my husband ( a engineer) and 2 children age 6 and 3 are hoping to arrive later in the year of 2012. We are wanting to move to the Perth area and will be renting when we arrive near a school.

We have only just started the application process so still got lots to do but it will be worth it. Like most people, we want a better future for our children and a better quality of life.

We really cant wait to get to perth and just lately I just cant get emigrating out of my mind and really wish i could up 'up sticks' and go right now.

Good luck with your application and see you in Perth!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary & Sue

Guest cazperth
Hi all,

Best of Luck with the whole process :)

cx

Guest cazperth
Hi we are hoping to move to Perth late 2012, just about to lodge the 176 :)

I am another north Yorkshire lass lol :D

Ah right well best of luck! exciting isn't it!!

cx

Ah right well best of luck! exciting isn't it!!

cx

Yes, really exciting! Good luck to you too, my brother as just come back from QLD. He was at his friends wedding and visiting my aunt n uncle,he said its lovely and great for the kids. So nervous but excited and i know we will love out there.

I will keep you posted as it would be great to know people who are going. :jiggy:

Guest cazperth
Yes, really exciting! Good luck to you too, my brother as just come back from QLD. He was at his friends wedding and visiting my aunt n uncle,he said its lovely and great for the kids. So nervous but excited and i know we will love out there.

I will keep you posted as it would be great to know people who are going. :jiggy:

Yea for defs keep me posted.. :)

Guest sakthikumar

Dear GEORGIAJOE ,

i have seen many people waiting for a long period to get their visa through 175....

better opt 176....there is no major difference ...its really very fast.......after 2 yrs u can move any whr in australia...

better do ur procdessing individually by clinging on frnds who have just got their process successfull..

try to avoid agents...as it makes the circle big...

if u process by ur own..u have direct communication frm the govt..and u can strike the goal easily...

all the best

Guest lizziebumble

me and my husband and 2 kids have just made the move been here two weeks all is going well its a beautifull place my husband starts his new job today and my daughter has a school already was a bit of a culture shock at first but soon settled in x im 28 my husband is 31 and son 2 and daughter 6

• 2 months later...
Hi guys we just booked our flight for the 20th jan to perth so would love to hook up with everyone. Anyone going on the same flight?

Hi, we are flying out on the 18th Jan 2012, staying at Hillarys Boat Harbour Resort temporarily. We have a four children, Aged 12, 6, 3 and 2.

Guest mandi1971

We are on our way in 2 weeks time fly out the 13th Jan from Manchester.

We have only a weeks rental and lots of viewings to get through and also have to find jobs,schools etc so we're gonna be busy bees that's for sure!!

we are busy packing the house up for the container coming on the 11th

hope you all have a fan 2012 and all your dreams come true xx

Guest janeubu

well im on my way:twitcy:in hong kong for new year then land in perth on 1/1/12 so let the good times roll,life is short and full of adventure nothing lost only gained i sayxxgood luck all and happy new year.

Guest Prodigy71

Hi Guys!

My partner, baby daughter and me will be moving to Perth in early September. My partner has managed to secure a job with The Royal Perth Hospital as a nurse so I guess the process should be fairly straight forward. Hope all goes well with everyone making there way out there! :wink:

Darren

Hi,

Good luck with the IELTS.

You are probably best finding an Agent once you know the IELTS score, unless you want to do the paperwork yourself.

I used Destination Oz, a guy called Mick Breene. He specializes in trades as well. Very good, no bull, straight to the point, solid advice and half the price of other agents! He was our second agent after the first lot gave us the runaround!! I contacted him before I did my IELTS, does not affect the pricing as it is a flat fee.

You are probably best getting all the supplementary info together at this point too (for all members moving with you). This will includ things like certified copies of birth certificates, passports, job references, qualifications. As I am in I.T. I had to get my skills assessed by the Australian Computer Society. Applying for your 175 on-line will mean it gets processed quicker than sending a paper copy. Most people are quoting around 9months to 1 year after submitting your 175 before you get assigned a case officer. At this point you will be asked for medicals and police checks. After that, it is a couple of months before you get the final yes or no! Good luck.

Hi guys, I sat my IELTS yesterday , long 14 day wait now.

Can anyone tell me my next step please if my results are what I require.

I'm looking at applying for a 175 skilled as I'm a plumber. Is this the best way forward??

if all goes well could be looking to move over in 12 months or so ( visa permitting)

Do I find a agent next to start the process moving

Please help

Many thanks

Guest Tony4052
Hi,

Good luck with the IELTS.

You are probably best finding an Agent once you know the IELTS score, unless you want to do the paperwork yourself.

I used Destination Oz, a guy called Mick Breene. He specializes in trades as well. Very good, no bull, straight to the point, solid advice and half the price of other agents! He was our second agent after the first lot gave us the runaround!! I contacted him before I did my IELTS, does not affect the pricing as it is a flat fee.

You are probably best getting all the supplementary info together at this point too (for all members moving with you). This will includ things like certified copies of birth certificates, passports, job references, qualifications. As I am in I.T. I had to get my skills assessed by the Australian Computer Society. Applying for your 175 on-line will mean it gets processed quicker than sending a paper copy. Most people are quoting around 9months to 1 year after submitting your 175 before you get assigned a case officer. At this point you will be asked for medicals and police checks. After that, it is a couple of months before you get the final yes or no! Good luck.

We used Destination Oz and didn't receive the same service. Not sure if it was due to my trade... tbh if your situation is fairly standard then all the info required is on line and if you hit any issues this forum is fantastic. There is always someone on here to point you in the right direction.