luggage allowance

margojacko

Good morning from England,

I have had different information about baggage allowance.

If say we are allowed 30 kilo's on Eremites flights what happens when we on Virgin blue to Tasmania & the allowance is less?

Will we have to pay for the extra?

We are going for 2 months so we will be bringing quit a lot ( including goodies for the grandkids)

I have already had some good ideas on what to bring form Siamsusie (not sure if I spelt that right sorry)

Margojacko (grannywag )

Guest ianandmel
hi love,

don't suppose you have any idea how much?

many thanks

margojacko

Have a look at the below link: if you have booked a flexi fare, you can take up to 23kgs, so depending on the price it might be worth upgrading which will allow you a much higher allowance (69kgs).

http://www.virginaustralia.com/Personal/Flightinfo/Baggage/Domestic/index.htm

oversized baggage is charged at AU$ 15 per kgs which could work out very expensive.

That is the downside of having a domestic flight not linked with the long haul leg. While the 30kg is standard for Emirates, once you get to Aus and change for a domestic the allowance limit will change. Most airlines only take maximum of 23kg (some still only 20kg). Emirates are great in having the 30kg limit but its only really helpful if you don't have an onward flight once in Aus.

Personally I'd pack less, not go over 23kg even on Emirates and make do if Blue are going to charge so much for every extra kilo. Might be cheaper to just ship out the excess before you leave.

We had this problem on our way to the UK via Italy this June. We flew Emirates to Milan for a trip to the Italian lakes. Then we flew Flybe, Milan/Manchester. Even though we returned Manchester/Dubai/Perth, that little bottleneck on Flybe with 20 kG allowance each meant we had to be very careful with packing.