ACS Group B - Qualification recognition points ?

Guest Joy Please

Guest Joy Please

Hi everyone,

I received my ACS PIM3 Group B assessment. But it does not mention explicit recognition of my overseas qualification. DIAC mentions that to claim points for qualification at the Bachelor Degree level, it should be assessed to be comparable to Australian Bachelor Degree. And this assessment should come from the Skills Assessment Authority.

I have been corresponding with ACS on this. They say that they do not provide any qualification assessment. They say they only confirm suitability under Group A or B. And DIAC reserves the right to award points for qualifications.

This means that one can't be certain of receiving qualification points before putting in the application. I want to avoid this uncertainty.

Can anybody advise as to how to get the recognition for my overseas qualifications ?

(frustrated) Joy

Hi everyone,

I received my ACS PIM3 Group B assessment. But it does not mention explicit recognition of my overseas qualification. DIAC mentions that to claim points for qualification at the Bachelor Degree level, it should be assessed to be comparable to Australian Bachelor Degree. And this assessment should come from the Skills Assessment Authority.

I have been corresponding with ACS on this. They say that they do not provide any qualification assessment. They say they only confirm suitability under Group A or B. And DIAC reserves the right to award points for qualifications.

This means that one can't be certain of receiving qualification points before putting in the application. I want to avoid this uncertainty.

Can anybody advise as to how to get the recognition for my overseas qualifications ?

(frustrated) Joy

I advise you not to take migration advice from parties who are not qualified to give it, including the ACS and the DIAC.

From what you have posted I expect you will be awarded some points for academic qualification/s. I am unable to confirm how many points.

Consult a RMA.

Guest Joy Please

Thanks for your advice Westly.

Yes, I am hoping to get points but how much is unclear (Diploma or Bachelor). I guess I should be consulting an RMA.

Guest TeamChicken

Hello, my case is kind of similar. I got a suitable skills assessment for Group B. My qualifications are: I got an overseas bachelors degree in Business Management then diploma of IT here in Australia.

I'm assuming that they will give me points for the Bachelors degree since that's my highest educational attainment even if its not related to Occupation (Software Engineer).

Should I start worrying that they will not give me 15 points??

Guest TeamChicken
Depends on which institution that awarded your degree.

I got my degree from Univesity of the Philippines. I already asked some migration agent before and they said my uni is recognized. I hope i hasn't changed yet.

I got my degree from Univesity of the Philippines. I already asked some migration agent before and they said my uni is recognized. I hope i hasn't changed yet.

Any four-year degree from UP campuses at: Baguio City, Clarke Air Base, Cebu City, Diliman, Los Baños, Manila, Mindanao, Tacloban City will be assessed as comparable to an Australian degree. The assessment of degrees from other UP campuses will depend on the GPA and/or relevant PRC Boards.

Guest TeamChicken
Any four-year degree from UP campuses at: Baguio City, Clarke Air Base, Cebu City, Diliman, Los Baños, Manila, Mindanao, Tacloban City will be assessed as comparable to an Australian degree. The assessment of degrees from other UP campuses will depend on the GPA and/or relevant PRC Boards.

Thank you for that information. I went to one of the campus you mentioned above so it means i will get the 15 points, right?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Joy Please

wrussell, thanks for your responses. I wanted to get over with my communication with ACS before seeking your professional advice.

ACS has issued me a new reference letter with the equivalence of qualification specified. The validity of the letter is now 24 months instead of 12 months.

Regards,

Joy

• 2 months later...

Hi Westly,

I am new to this forum and been googling for days for the same type of information...

Would you know if a Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology from Mapua Institute of Technology campus in Makati city will qualify as comparable australian degree (and have me awarded 15 points)?

Also, if ACS assessed my degree under group A (comparable - 15 points) and knowing that DIAC has the final say in points, is there any chance that they will award me otherwise?