Sign in to follow this  
Guest MrEd

UK Qualification equivalent

Guest MrEd

Hi everyone

I am a newbie to this site.

Can anyone tell me what the following UK qualificatiions relate to in Australia, or has anyone else got these UK quals and if so what pm visa could/did they apply for.

NVQ Level 2 in Childcare and Education (0-5 yrs of age)

NVQ Diploma Level 3 in Playwork (0-11yrs of age).

Would i be able to apply as an Early Childhood (Pre-Primary School) Teacher.

In Australia the qualification most people have for working in early learning centres and childcare centre's is a Diploma in Childrens Services and a cert 3 in Childrens Services.

Any help info or past or present experience in this field or SOL occupation would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone also know if Perth WA are sponsoring for Early Childhood (Pre-primary school) Teachers.

Thanks in advance.

Guest julietarz

Hi MrEd

Early Childhood teachers need to be degree qualified-pls see link:

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupations/e/early-childhood.htm

At the time of applying for my visa I had a level 3 Diploma in Pre-school Practice and my visa was granted as childcare co-ordinator (now known as childcare centre director).

I am not sure about your level 3 Playwork qualification but I believe that is an equivalent in the uk so you could possibly go down that route? Not sure which states are sponsoring that though if any.

Feel free to ask if you need any more info.

Tara

Guest MrEd

Hi Tara

Many thanks for your reply.

Guest Patcha

Hi Tara

Thanks for your info. I am looking to move to OZ and confused. I am a deputy manager for a preschool (3-5) here in London, been in the position for three years. I contacted two agents and they said I am not eligible. So I am wondering how did you manage to go there (with magic wand ;)) I have NVQ 3 in childcare and also Cer III from Oz as well (2 years course) Thank you very much