staceyirvine

Teaching assistant! College in UK or wait till get to oz help?

Hi i am hoping someone can give me a bit if advice! I am due to start a level 2 teaching assistant course on 14th sept now we have just got our visa!!we have to be in oz by 18th july next year or go earlier and validate!

Depends what happens with the house and if we sell it? Now would you

do the course and work harder to complete in say june or should i not do it and may be do something when i get to Oz?

Any thoughts would be helpful x

Stacey

I personally would do the course here, you don't know what courses, if any, you can get on over there that are equivalent. Once you have the qualification then its yours, done, and if you ever returned you have it there all done. Plus, by the sounds of it you can do both cant you? If the course finishes by June 2012 and you have to be in AU by July 2012, then you can do both? Plus if your at college, you will have this coming half term, xmas, feb half term, easter and spring break to validate if you wanted to?

"If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you'll never enjoy the sunshine"

I've got my NVQ 2 Teaching assistant qualification and glad I did it here I think all certificates will help get into the schooling system over there thats what I'm hoping anyway!!!!

Paul (40), Lesa (41), Jason (12) and Jamie (10)

AQF III passed 18/03/2010 TRA sent 07/04/2010 TRA Approved 27/05/2010 WA SS lodged 20/12/10 WA SS rec 03/02/11 Visa lodged 05/02/11 CO assigned 07/03/11 VISA GRANTED 10/05/11 :biggrin:

Dont need any qualifications to be a teacher aide in most places. Just a clean police record and a first aid certificate and you can change nappies and wipe snotty noses to your heart's content if you can find a job - they are hard to come by as lots of mums want school hours while their kids are little. It isnt a job like the paraprofessional role in UK