de facto visa - help needed

im currently filling in our defacto visa,

ive been asked to provide a letter from my employer to prove ive been working for the past two years.

The trouble is ive been earning cash for two years, just enough to get me by really. Im a young lad and my outgoings are next to nothing.

Im not really sure how to persue this, can anybody give any ideas ?

thanks

harvey

Are you the sponsor? My better half (the Aussie) is a stay at home mum - she had no source of income and it wasn't an issue for my defacto visa.

Guest jtrd

Do you have any pay slips at all for the last 2 years? I just sent a couple of random ones in with our application with no problems (random as in any date, but they were both obviously in my name).

Good luck!

Hiya

My partner just got a letter from his work place saying he worked there and when from. It didn't give any pay details or anything like that. Just a couple of lines on company paper.

We had no issues on this aspect with our de-facto application.

Hope that info helps you.

BEGal

One more thing,

I've been asked to provide any previous visas.

How can I get my old working holiday visas paperwork emailed to me ?

Cheers

One more thing,

I've been asked to provide any previous visas.

How can I get my old working holiday visas paperwork emailed to me ?

Cheers

You don't need to provide visa numbers, just the rough dates that you entered and left Australia - DIAC can look the rest up.

My agent has asked me to write a statement of my relationship with my defacto girlfriend. Should I go into minor detail about places we've been and the things we've done etc ?

This could be a paragraph long or 3 pages long, what shall i do ?

Thanks , harvey

My agent has asked me to write a statement of my relationship with my defacto girlfriend. Should I go into minor detail about places we've been and the things we've done etc ?

This could be a paragraph long or 3 pages long, what shall i do ?

Thanks , harvey

Hi we submitted one statement each. Mine was a full A4 typed page, his was a bit less. I tend to think in bullet points so I started mine off that way then blended them into a story. You can't embelish too much but I wanted it to sound as natural and genuine as possible so it was more than just a list of dates/facts. And his visa was granted so it must have been the right approach :)

OH's front loaded application (309 visa) received at AH 13/04/2011. CO assigned 20/04/2011. Original documents returned 26/04/2011. Visa approved 11/08/2011! Arrived in Adelaide 3/11/2011

Second stage (permanent) visa applied 2/04/2013. Visa granted 14/05/2013.

Harvey

I did ALL the statements - yep partner was just too damn lazy to do it!! Also I reckoned that as I wanted the visa I was better off taking control of it myself. I hustled him to get certified copies of his passport and some other things.

I did one for everybody and got them to sign it. Some were a couple of paragraphs with basic details and others like ours were detailed. The hardest part was getting certified copies of everyone's passport. Yes the declarations were the hardest, as you can't control it and have to depend on others.

I think the bullet points idea and blending in really works, that's kinda how I did it. If I can find mine, I'll gladly send you via email.

The process is so fraught, I'll gladly help where I can.

Harvey

I did ALL the statements - yep partner was just too damn lazy to do it!! Also I reckoned that as I wanted the visa I was better off taking control of it myself. I hustled him to get certified copies of his passport and some other things.

I did one for everybody and got them to sign it. Some were a couple of paragraphs with basic details and others like ours were detailed. The hardest part was getting certified copies of everyone's passport. Yes the declarations were the hardest, as you can't control it and have to depend on others.

I think the bullet points idea and blending in really works, that's kinda how I did it. If I can find mine, I'll gladly send you via email.

The process is so fraught, I'll gladly help where I can.

I wouldn't recommend that anyone writes stat decs for other people. :wubclub:

I wouldn't recommend that anyone writes stat decs for other people. :wubclub:

Peach - I got my family, friends, partner to check everything first! I didn't just fire them off without their input. In my case, time was of the essence with my partner only over for a few weeks. I think the actual writing doesn't take so long BUT the certifying and getting copies of all the official documents take sooo long.

Sometimes it helps when you see someone else's as it gives you a great start off point for your own and you wonder what you were struggling with.

I kind of see the stat decs as a right of passage. They were the hardest part of my visa application to write and collate and as a result they're the only part of my application that I don't share with people.

That said, I must confess to asking one of friends to tone down his stat dec - it read like a mills and boon novel. :wubclub:

My declaration was about 5-6 pages long and was full of stories (hubby said it read just like I talk!), but that started off as a series of bullet points too. hubbys was initially 1/2 a page, written in the third person and didn't even include him saying that he loved me!!

I encouraged him (strongly) to change it a bit - changed to 1st person and included him loving me !

Jo (Aussie), Jon (Pom on a 100 visa), Satch (the gorgeous viscous labrador) have now been joined by Siena Rose.

Does anyone have a spare instruction manual for a baby girl?

I've been filling out the forms for the same visa and it didn't ask for my (applicant) employer details it just asks for my sponsors employer details.... is that correct or has anyone seen something different or have I misread?

Lodged De facto Partner visa: 27th September 2011 ------- FRONT LOADED APPLICATION

VISA GRANTED: 3rd November 2011