Big Bob

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rachel 80
Your right Bob...

We got our visa this morning...great news for start of a new week

I like to thank you all from the bottom of my heart as you and this forum has made the journey quite pleasant enabling me to achieve my goals with less difficulty.

Thanks again

Congratulations mansukhpatel, you must be thrilled! Good luck with the move.

BIG BIG BIG congratulations to everyone who has got their visa so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

Just an update on where we are......

Medicals finalised 15.9.11, PCC 16.9.11 and now we wait (not very patiently - relentlessly checking email and Diac site!)

Will keep you all informed

Helen

I am putting forward this question again. I am expecting a 176 visa pretty soon probably by October 2011. Just wanted to know if I can go alone for visa validation. Is it necessary to take along my dependents at the same time.

I am planning to stay there for good 2 to 3 months and get a job and only after that I will ask my dependents to join me in OZ once I land in a good job

I am putting forward this question again. I am expecting a 176 visa pretty soon probably by October 2011. Just wanted to know if I can go alone for visa validation. Is it necessary to take along my dependents at the same time.

I am planning to stay there for good 2 to 3 months and get a job and only after that I will ask my dependents to join me in OZ once I land in a good job

Everyones visas need to be validated within the year, but they dont all need to be validated at the same time. So yes you could go by yourself and dependents join afteras long as its within the first year.

BIG CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS THEIR VISAS!!!!

We have been on holiday for the last week &7 a half so good news to see everyone moving forward.

And guess what - we have our visa too!!!! :biggrin::laugh::biglaugh::yes::smile:

Loads of emotions - but v excited. Haven't read all the chat yet - but now the plans start!!!

Sarah

We have been on holiday for the last week &7 a half so good news to see everyone moving forward.

And guess what - we have our visa too!!!! :biggrin::laugh::biglaugh::yes::smile:

Loads of emotions - but v excited. Haven't read all the chat yet - but now the plans start!!!

Sarah

Congratulations Sarah...what are your plans for the move? Get the visa validated or a one way ticket?

Sarah

Congratulations Sarah on your visa!

Congratulations_red_rosesbo.gif

Let me turn you Blue like Tas sea...Enjoy your eve :hug:

regards

Big Bob

Name: Le Bourvellec

Visa Applied : 13 September 2011

Trade/Profession: Mechanical Engineer

Visa type: 176 WA SS

Form 1100 Uploaded: 13 Sept 2011

Case Officer Allocated:

PCC Finalised:

Meds Booked:

Meds Finalised:

Form 80 submitted:

Visa Granted:

Finally got round to lodging our application before our SS ran out.

Hi Lebourvellec

Welcome to PIA Aug-Sep thread...will update your details right aways :wubclub:

regards

Bob

Thanks everyone!! Been out to buy some champagne - & it's even a school night :wink:

Going to sit down with OH tonight & talk over the next move. Just been reading paperwork - doesn't say anything about me having to activate as primary applicant. Think I will email CO just to be sure OH can do the recce trip whilst I am working my notice.

Head has been buzzing all day with everything we need to think about :spinny::yellow_guy_crazy_ty

• Like 1

Hi Big Bob,

havent been on this thread for a while, just a quick update, all meds and pcc finalised and sent today! :smile::wink::jiggy:

Hey Loisemary...

How you doing : ) Will update you right away :cute:..Let me know if CO requests Form 80... If yes;then let me know I will turn you Red before turning ocean blue(best part of my job)...

cheers!

Bob

Thanks everyone!! Been out to buy some champagne - & it's even a school night :wink:

Going to sit down with OH tonight & talk over the next move. Just been reading paperwork - doesn't say anything about me having to activate as primary applicant. Think I will email CO just to be sure OH can do the recce trip whilst I am working my notice.

Head has been buzzing all day with everything we need to think about :spinny::yellow_guy_crazy_ty

Congrats.

Everyone has sperate visas that need to be activated within the first year - it doesnt matter who activates first. So your OH can go over first and you go later.:biggrin:

Below is my timeline.

ACS 27 May 09

Relative Sponsored 475 Applied-- 17 Oct 09

Meds cleared by CO 06 June 09

VISA GRANTED 1 July 09

Entered OZ 29 Aug 09

Applied 887 (PR) paper base 30 Aug 11

Case officer 13-Sep-2011

Grant 15-Sep-2011

Dear All,

I dont know if this is the correct forum to discuss this, but can anyone share the experience of some of his/her friend, or may be his own. I have read this on some other forums telling that job market in OZ is not at all well in-fact far below what do u have in US and UK.

Further, one of my buddies was telling that one of the recruitment consultant in Perth said that 60% of the current job openings are either already filled or they don't exist anymore.

I would like all of you to please get some information on this as sooner or later we all will be flying to OZ to start a new life - IA.

Congrats.

Everyone has sperate visas that need to be activated within the first year - it doesnt matter who activates first. So your OH can go over first and you go later.:biggrin:

Thanks for that Lebourvellec. I had already emailed my case officer before you had posted. He came back this morning saying that as he had not attached condition 8502 to our visa my OH can head out straight away. :smile:

OH & I had a chat last night & depending on what the recruitment agency says today, we are hoping he might head off in a few weeks. The plan is for him to get set up asap & for myself & the bambinos to head out after Christmas. Only downside is that I will be a sinlge mum with a fulltime job for the next few months aaargh:arghh:

Sarah

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So pleased for you!!!!

Hi guys,

Iza what area do you work in? I'd imagine it depends on industry. My husband is a civil engineer and we have been job hunting for him for the past 6 weeks. We made very little progress over the first month - got positive feedback from the odd recruiter about CV but nothing concrete. The one thing we have learned is that it is very hard to find a job in civil engineering that offers sponsorship (unless you are a geotechnical engineer or someone with skills that are in very high demand in the mining industry) and even with your own visa it is very hard to get a job unless you are in Perth and available for interview.

This week we made the decision to go out there (flying out at end of October) and the main recruiter we have been dealing with thinks he has a phone interview lined up for next week and a couple more in the works.

So for us at least the answer has been put in the spade work - great cover letter and cv - search every day for jobs, keep a detailed record of all applications and follow up (not too much!). Also must be prepared to go over jobless if necessary which means you would have to have funds to cover costs of relocation yourself or at least a visit for interview purposes.

Look all this is specific to our experience which relates to engineering. It really does depend on your industry. Why not post a query specific to your industry on the jobs and careers board?

Hope that's some help.

Kate.

We got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jiggy:

We got our visa today - am so excited! Off to buy something fizzy to put in the fridge for later!

However the panic has set in already - so much to do, where are we going to live, what schools for the children??????

AHHHGGGG!

Helen xxx

• Like 1