886/176/475 State Sponsored :September 2011 Gang

Big Bob

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are 'cat b' meds?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi , I think there's cat A and cat B CAT A MEANS THEY R FINE I THINK CAT B MEANS THEVE BEEN REFERRED FOR:hug: A DOCTOR GIVE ALL CLEAR I THINK X:hug:

Guest WinTheAshes
Hi, out of interest, does it say that meds are finalised for all applicants or just the main applicant?

Hi Dale & Jane,

As per lebourvellec's post the medicals were finalised at different dates but by only a couple of days. Have no idea about the different categories though. There is no mention of that - just says "finalised". We had our medicals at their approved centre in Knightsbridge, London and because all the information incl. X-Rays and blood test results were sent electronically DIAC were able to confirm receipt of these after only two days!

Just hang in there. I'm sure you'll get some good news soon.

Guest WinTheAshes

Great news. Fingers crossed not long to go now.

Funnily enough on my Application Status it says "Health requirements finalised" but on the Document Checklist it says "Requested" for both the X-Rays and the Medicals! Similarly it says "Requested" on the Document Checklist for the Penal Clearance Certificates even though these were sent off a while back. Hoping that this is just a case of the CO not having updated the Document Checklist yet.

Still just waiting...

Guest luckylady
What are 'cat b' meds?

There are only 2 categories. Cat A is all clear, no medical history. Cat B meds are when you are refered because of a medical history. I have had cancer, and my daughter has a replacement heart valve, so we knew they would have to look into our medical history. I just hope they dont take much longer!!

Guest WinTheAshes

Hi Big Bob.

How's it going down under? Hope the move wasn't too taxing. Sure you'll settle in quickly.

Got my visas today so well chuffed. Please turn me blue. Now the daunting task of planning and executing the move having never been to Oz. Don't know where to start but sure there will be plenty of hints on PIO.

To all you out there waiting for your visas just hang on in there. Things are moving fairly quickly even if at times it feels like everythings on a stand still.

Goodluck and will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Guest luckylady
Hi Big Bob.

How's it going down under? Hope the move wasn't too taxing. Sure you'll settle in quickly.

Got my visas today so well chuffed. Please turn me blue. Now the daunting task of planning and executing the move having never been to Oz. Don't know where to start but sure there will be plenty of hints on PIO.

To all you out there waiting for your visas just hang on in there. Things are moving fairly quickly even if at times it feels like everythings on a stand still.

Congratulation WinTheAshes!!

I'm very jealous!!!!

When are you planning on leaving, and where do you think you will head for??

Best of luck

Hi Big Bob.

Best wishes for you - enjoy

Guest WinTheAshes
There are only 2 categories. Cat A is all clear, no medical history. Cat B meds are when you are refered because of a medical history. I have had cancer, and my daughter has a replacement heart valve, so we knew they would have to look into our medical history. I just hope they dont take much longer!!

Thanks luckylady. We'll be heading for Canberra as we have a ACT state sponsored visa. Not too sure as to when but probably Sep 2012. The reality of it all has still not sunk in! Lots to do before then especially with a toddler in tow.

Wishing you all the very best. Believe me it's just a matter of time :-)

Hi Big Bob.

Got my visas today so well chuffed. Please turn me blue. Now the daunting task of planning and executing the move having never ben to Oz. Don't know where to start but sure there will be plenty of hints on PIO.

Congrats wintheashes , mine hasn't changed just going get meds dun week tomoz c if the changes owt good luck hun all the best xx

Hi Big Bob.

Congrats!!!!

All plain sailing now then ;)

Congrats!!!!

All plain sailing now then ;)

Hi dale and Jane , any news on yours yet hun haven't heard off luckylady neither

My status hasn't changed neither wonder if we in the same team of co as we lodged around same time xx

Hi Bingo,

No news at the moment, we're still having meds problems!!

The ehealth system won't let the docs finalise my meds. So they are trying to get DIAC to do it manually. I've spoken to them again today, I am all clear and passed like, just this system problem!

I'm hoping once this is resolved it won't be too long. Jane had a phone interview for a job last Weds, should hear on Monday whether she got it or not.

I'm sure we'll all be moving along nicely soon :)

Hi Bingo,

The ehealth system won't let the docs finalise my meds. So they are trying to get DIAC to do it manually. I've spoken to them again today, I am all clear and passed like, just this system problem!

I'm hoping once this is resolved it won't be too long. Jane had a phone interview for a job last Weds, should hear on Monday whether she got it or not.

Hi matey , Awww wat a shame let's hope they sort it soon

Hope Jane gets the job keep me posted hun , going for my meds tues

Carnt wait get em over and dun with then c wat happens me hubby said I worry too much

Just go with the flow but I'm very impatient lol i just think its strange how some peoples statuses get updated and some don't lol x good luck on job front ill keep ya posted on my app take care x

Guest luckylady
Hi Bingo,

We are having ehealth problems as well!! My husband & daughters meds have been uploaded today finally, but there is a problem with mine, emails are now going to & from DIAC to try and sort, so hopefully all will be sorted by the weekend. Fingers crossed....

Its all so frustrating but we will get there in the end.

Guest luckylady
Yay! Got a CO today :jiggy:Few more bits of info that they have requested that will keep me busy for a couple of evenings and meds and PCC. Thought they'd forgotten us!!

Bex :smile:

Thats good news!!

Well done, keep us posted how you get on.

We are having ehealth problems as well!! My husband & daughters meds have been uploaded today finally, but there is a problem with mine, emails are now going to & from DIAC to try and sort, so hopefully all will be sorted by the weekend. Fingers crossed....

Its all so frustrating but we will get there in the end.

I'm not sure if its the docs or DIAC to be honest!!

Our doctors could barely understand the computer system!! It was a new clinic that had only been open for 2 weeks!!

They assure me they are sorting it :-/

Yay! Got a CO today :jiggy:Few more bits of info that they have requested that will keep me busy for a couple of eveningsThought they'd forgotten us!!
Haha you and me both Bex!! Got our CO today as well and like you we have a few more bits to complete. Hope it all goes smoothly from here for you :v_SPIN:

Guest RobynT84

Hi All,

I see that a few of you are having various issues with your meds and wondered if anyone could shed some light on our situation. My meds are showing as finalised on our application but my husbands (main applicant) have been referred for further processing in Australia. Does anyone know if it's the CO or the doctors office who refer them? I spoke to the doctors and they said everything was fine with his results as far as they're concerned but I can see from some of your comments that the doctors finalise the meds on the system themselves.

I'm a little stressed and very anxious so any advise would be really really appreciated.

FYI - My husband has no serious medical history to speak of but is taking some prescrption medication.

thanks, Robyn x