886/176/475 State Sponsored :September 2011 Gang

Big Bob

Yeah we're 176 too.

I wondered whether it's slowed a bit due to some the changes that have been brought in. Perth becoming regional etc, there must be a massive amount people who have moved categories.

We're not planning on going until next year, but be nice to actually have the visa so we can get a date in the diary!!

looks like more bad news for me "Perth becoming regional should impact?" :unsure:

i am WA SS 176

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, we're a bit behind you lot. Skills Assessment with Australian Institute of Management as of 6th October, IELTS done on 7th/8th October. I do have a general question though.... some of the people listed in your thread seem to have gone from Visa application to Granted in only a few weeks !!!!!!! Is this unusual or are DIAC processing things much quicker?? I am going for Vic SS as an Engineering Manager which is in high demand, do you think I am likely to go through so quickly??

It would be good but it's also a scary thought that it could happen so quick.

hi dale&jane , i read on the diac website today all applicants who lodged 20th or before have been allocated co next update is 21st oct cus that was updated fri the 7th and they update every two week so i reckon we may be round about next lol xx

Hi All

I applied for PR subclass 886 on September 2009 as a hairdresser, and like many other applicant, my case moved to Cat 3 recently after WA SMP changes.

My agent informed me last week that my case is allocated with a CO but when I check my application online, it doesn't show anything .

Is there anyone with the same situation here ? I'm just trying to find a timeline for my case as I'm from HR country and my security checks might take up to 12 months or more. The only advantage for is, I have been in Australia since 2006 and i left my home country before the age of 18 ( as my agent told me )

Any comment regarding my situation is appreciated in advance.

Hey All,

Its been frustrating waiting for a 475 visa. all my documents shows MET only my husband's evidence of birth had to be submitted which was done on the 7th OCT but still does not show on the online status.Its been worring me as I have waited for a long time .since 2009 and now everything looks so close but yet so far.How long more will I have to waite for the golden ticket?

Guest WinTheAshes

Hi Big Bob,

Not long for you to go now. Apprehensive or can't wait? Things are moving rather quickly on my end submitted Form 80 on 29 Sep and had our medicals yesterday (11 Oct). Hopefully not too long before we follow you to ACT.

Want to wish you all the best with the move n stuff.

Hi dalejane, sorry for delay in replying, computer at work wouldn't play so had to wait until I got back home.

We are most likely heading to Melbourne as OH job prospects seem to be CBD centred, we will be looking at suburbs within 30-45 minute commute.

Done lots of research into different areas but until OH lands a job we won't know which direction to go in.

Good luck with visa processing....speedy, speedy seems to be the way at the moment. :-)

Hi Nikkid,

Have no idea where we'll end up, location is probably least thing we've researched so far! We chose Vic as we have family in Cranbourne. I guess it will be job driven in the end.

It's all go at the minute, trying to get the house finished so we can get it on the market ASAP, visa stuff.......going to work for a break!! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all , had a message from my agent this morning

It just said no news from diac up to yet so let's hope by

The next update at the end of this week I here news of a co

I lodged 3 week ago xx

Hi dale and Jane , thanks for the pick me up lol , l hope so

Fingers and toes crossed , I hope I get one I've booked me meds provisioally for

27th Oct x and me hubby was looking for a job for me the otherday and a job

For him popped up in Australia Perth 16 miles from where I want to live

The job was right up his street lol that's got to be fate someones telling us somert

And the funnie thing is it was only advertised on the 15th and it popped up straight

In front of him so he's applied lol x

Hi all, just thought i wud let u know police certs have just come in the post

All clear of course , its only took a week and 1 day to get them back ill upload em to agent then

It's just meds to b dun unless the want owt else lol x