Schools in Mandurah

Guest SarahP

Guest SarahP

Hi everyone! We're still in the process of applying for a visa but HOPE to move to Mandurah. Does anyone know anything about the primary schools in Mandurah? I have looked on several sites but do not seem to be able to find any specific information on each of the schools and none of them seem to have a website! This apect of our move is very important to us so, if u can, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi SarahP,

I'm in the same boat (so to speak). Waiting for Visa, should be through any time now. We are looking at Mandurah but waiting to find out exact visa restrictions. My daughter is 10 and will go to Primary School. You could contact the Local District Education Office of the Dept of Education & Training for the Peel Region. I think the web address is http://www.eddept.wa.edu.au. The postal address is PO Box 1050, 24 Sutton Street, Mandurah WA 6210. This is for government schooling. I'm not too sure about the private sector yet. I do have a contact living in Mandurah who has children in primary education. When I find out more, I will let you know.

• 3 years later...
Guest annamarie
Hi everyone! We're still in the process of applying for a visa but HOPE to move to Mandurah. Does anyone know anything about the primary schools in Mandurah? I have looked on several sites but do not seem to be able to find any specific information on each of the schools and none of them seem to have a website! This apect of our move is very important to us so, if u can, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

hi, my family & i have just moved over here to mandurah in jan of this year from ireland, we have three kids which two of them go to primary school here in mandurah and they just love the school it also does before and after school care. MANDURAH PRIMARY SCHOOL Hackett street po box 1077 mandurah,wa 6210 telephone 08 95 35 15 75. the head principal is a lovely man and his team of teachers are great with the kids i know my kids are very happy there and i wouldnt think of moving them icon14.gifanywere else. i hope this is of use to you. annamarie lagan (mandurah)

• 7 months later...
Guest dinky-do

hi there i know this is an old post, but are there any school fees.. or any other fees to be paid at Mandurah Primary

thanks

hi, my family & i have just moved over here to mandurah in jan of this year from ireland, we have three kids which two of them go to primary school here in mandurah and they just love the school it also does before and after school care. MANDURAH PRIMARY SCHOOL Hackett street po box 1077 mandurah,wa 6210 telephone 08 95 35 15 75. the head principal is a lovely man and his team of teachers are great with the kids i know my kids are very happy there and i wouldnt think of moving them icon14.gifanywere else. i hope this is of use to you. annamarie lagan (mandurah)

Hi, we just moved over here to Mandurah at the start of February and my son Tate, who is 10 goes to Mandurah Primary School. And I can totally agree that the school is great! Yes, the principal is a lovely man, the deputy is a fantastic lady (just the right amount of "strictness"!!!), and my son's teacher is a lovely lady. I couldn't imagine my son moving to anywhere else either! He was very unhappy at his school in the UK, but tells me now that this is the best thing he's done in his life!! Bless him :cute:

There is another primary school, North Mandurah Primary, but I'm not sure what that one is like. I did read in the paper that it needs thousands and thousands of dollars worth of maintenance/repair/updating work, so I'm not sure what sort of state it is in. I was also told by locals to stay away from the Greenfields area of Mandurah, not a safe area apparently. Sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll! So I'd avoid Greenfields Primary School. And I was told that Dudley Park was another area to avoid, so Dudley Park Primary School was crossed off the list aswell.

I don't want to offend anyone who lives in the Greenfield area or the Dudley Park area, I am just passing on what I was told. I think there are alot of "hoons" (joy riders) and drug addicts around there, so I didn't want to take the risk!

But I can definately agree that Mandurah Primary School comes highly recommended!

Good luck!

If anyone wants to pop in for a coffee and a chat one morning, feel free to send me a private message. 2 months and counting being "billy no mates"!!!!

Lynn x

hi there i know this is an old post, but are there any school fees.. or any other fees to be paid at Mandurah Primary

thanks

Hi

I didn't realise the post was that old until after I had replied to it!!!! haha Never mind.

Anyway, there are no school fees to pay at Mandurah Primary. You pay for the uniform and pay for all the folders/stationary that they have to have, but that is the same for all of the schools, wherever you are. But there are no actual fees.

Good luck and keep in touch

Lynn x

• 5 months later...
so halls head primary or mandurah primary?

im torn as i like the sound of living in halls head being within walking distance to the beach but yet on all the reviews mandurah primary seems the best choice.

Been here 8 months now, and my son has been at Mandurah Primary for the same amount of time. Yes to begin with I couldn't praise the school enough - we are now moving to a different area to get him into a better school! As time has gone on, I have realised that there is no community spirit - school and area - and this was also a statement made to me by the principal!! We've had many problems with the way the school is run!! The area is a beautiful one, but I think it is just slightly too "touristy" for me. And as we have just had the winter, everywhere has been "dead"!!! I have also now discovered that the High School here is really cr*p! It also only goes up to year 10, so it's then onto yet another school to finish the last 2 years. It also hasn't got a very good reputation. As my son will be going into year 6 after christmas, I thought it was best to move him to a different school now, so he can be settled before starting high school.

Halls Head is a lovely area, and from what I've heard the schools over there are very good. Again, bit quiet through the winter, but the beaches there and here in Mandurah are gorgeous, so summer is lovely. We'll just have to wait until we live without kids to settle somewhere like this.

My son's education has to come first, so we're off nearer the city. To an area where they have some of the best state schools in Perth.

Good luck with your move xxx

:hug:

Been here 8 months now, and my son has been at Mandurah Primary for the same amount of time. Yes to begin with I couldn't praise the school enough - we are now moving to a different area to get him into a better school! As time has gone on, I have realised that there is no community spirit - school and area - and this was also a statement made to me by the principal!! We've had many problems with the way the school is run!! The area is a beautiful one, but I think it is just slightly too "touristy" for me. And as we have just had the winter, everywhere has been "dead"!!! I have also now discovered that the High School here is really cr*p! It also only goes up to year 10, so it's then onto yet another school to finish the last 2 years. It also hasn't got a very good reputation. As my son will be going into year 6 after christmas, I thought it was best to move him to a different school now, so he can be settled before starting high school.

Halls Head is a lovely area, and from what I've heard the schools over there are very good. Again, bit quiet through the winter, but the beaches there and here in Mandurah are gorgeous, so summer is lovely. We'll just have to wait until we live without kids to settle somewhere like this.

My son's education has to come first, so we're off nearer the city. To an area where they have some of the best state schools in Perth.

Good luck with your move xxx

:hug:

hi, what areas are you thinking of if you don't mind me asking?

you are actually there which is great for my research...saves me time later if you know what i mean.

i want to try my best to get it right first time round as we only have limited funds and will not afford to move about much to begin with.

cheers

Hi Stacy!

Of course I don't mind you asking!! I wish I'd had someone give me a little more advice on areas before we left!

We are moving to Ardross/Booragoon. Hopefully sometime next month. We're just waiting for a suitable rental to come on the market - that's actually in our price range!! Being a lot closer to the city you pay alot more for rent. We pay $330 a week for our 3 bedroom 2 bathroom house in Mandurah, one road back from the beach. We are now going to be looking at on average for the same type of house $500/$600 a week! Bit of a shock, but at the moment my hubbie has to get up at 4.30 in the morning to get to work on time in the city. We'll only be 15 mins or so away when we move, so will definately be alot easier for him aswell! We could probably get something for around $450 but I'm quite fussy!!! lol The area has some of the best, if not THE best, schools in Perth and probably Western Australia. Unless you go to the private schools over here, it is quite hard to actually find a decent school. The area is just south of the river, so nice for a sunday afternoon picnic or barbie on the riverside and also, which I find has to be one of my main priorities, Garden City is in Booragoon!!! This is Perth's largest shopping mall!! If you have a look at their website www.gardencity.com.au you get an idea of how big it is and what is there. We went at the weekend and I have to say I still have swollen ankles from all the walking!!!

It's really hard to know if a place is going to be the right place to settle. Everybody has different needs and tastes, so what is right for one person may not be right for the next.

If you can afford to get a motorhome for 2/3 weeks, it's a good way to be able to travel around for a bit to get a feel for different areas, but they are really expensive over here. We paid $1200 for 6 days hire - that's around £600+, and you then have your campsite fees each night which can be around $50 a night, but it does allow you to cover alot of ground. There are also lots of websites that can give you loads of info on different areas, but I think it's hard to tell from just looking at pictures. www.realestate.com.au is good to see the prices of properties (buy and rent) in different areas and to be quite honest, the cheaper the properties, the worse the area!! You get what you pay for! The cheaper ones tend to be in the middle of nowhere most of the time.

Sorry to go on a bit, think I got a bit carried away!

Let me know if there is anything else you need to know.

Lynn xxx

P.S. If you're on facebook send me a friend request (Lynn Birtley Pender), got loads of pics on there!

xxx

• 6 months later...
Guest Hughescl

Hi

We are currently going through the visa process and were looking at Mandurah or Rockingham, I would have one son in primary and one in secondary school, after looking at your posts I'm not sure what to do now. Education is our main priority when moving so looking for good schools, but also need to ensure my husband can find work within a decent commute, does anyone know what the construction trade in like in either area or Perth my husband is a carpenter thx

Archived