please Can anyone help??? Ex dilemma re children

Guest woo

Hi all, my names wendy we have applied for a 176 family sponsor visa in May 2011 ( my brother being the family sponsor) and my OH Andy the main visa applicant .we have been very lucky that both our ex partners have signed in front of a solicitor to let us take the children..i have one son 15 yrs, Andy has 3 children.one at 13yrs, 10yrs..and 8yrs..The problem we are now facing is Andy s ex wife is now saying we can not take the children!!!!..she blows hot and cold often and at times is nasty with the children saying they can go when they turn 18!!! does anyone know or have been in this situation?? any help would be grateful..The children all want to move to Australia and with his ex signing infront of a solicitor that states she is happy for the children to leave the uk and permently live in Australia!!! can she really stop them when the time comes to leaving?? Many thanks for taking the time to read this wendy xxx

No idea - I would have thought that if she'd signed the she's given her permission.

But I wouldn't take a chance with something like this - get in touch with a professional who knows what they are talking about.

Guest Guest31881

Hi,

I do not really think this is something anyone can give you real advice about. I suggest you contact a solicitor and get a professional opinion about this. The haig convention covers children being moved from country to country, You need good advice to ensure you do not breach its conditions.

Guest spadgersdad

We would advice you to see a solicitor and get confirmation, we had to go through the court system to get permission.

As said previously not worth the risk of breaching any conditions.

Good luck !