You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

cacoonkitty

shipping boxes..please help me find big ones!!!!

Hi guys...:jiggy:, i need to find a shipping company that provide the "LARGE" shipping boxes/ tea crates, i have a few items that i want to take with me to australia and i remember ages ago when my mum and i moved from australia to the uk (20 odd years ago)..we had big wooden tea boxes...but the companys i have contacted so far only provide boxes/tea crates that seem no larger than 2 foot long by the same deep and 1 foot high( too small)...i need ones that are around 3-4 foot long and 2-3 foot deep and 2-3 foot high.....(or simler size as possible)...does anyone know of a company that provides larger boxes...or something that could help me...its so frustrating .!!!!. x thanks guys.:chatterbox::arghh::eek:

Guest GoldCoastMag

we got ours from a big hardware place, but the removal places sell them as well.

hope this helps.

E-bay will have em :)

Jo (Aussie), Jon (Pom on a 100 visa), Satch (the gorgeous viscous labrador) have now been joined by Siena Rose.

Does anyone have a spare instruction manual for a baby girl?

Guest GoldCoastMag

To ship a couple of large pictures in frames we found bike boxes were the best fit, I used lots of tape marked fragile. I covered glass with sticky plastic book covering, so if glass broke it would all stay in one piece and made cardboard corners to protect the frames.

Our Tchest size boxes came a bit battered and crushed if I hadnt packed them full, and apart from a wine glass I dropped after if travelled safely all that way, the rest of the glass and china made it safely.

Hope you found what you are looking for.