Spouse name Issue on the passport Please HELP Spouse 309 visa application

Guest Pranav Rai Sood

Guest Pranav Rai Sood

Hi

My wife is about to apply for the spouse 309 subclass visa in India.In The passport of my wife has her name in the given name field as her first and the surname together and her surname field is blank.this was done by the person who made her passport at the passport office in India. Please help me as what shall i put her name as on the forms which i will be filling the name as its on the passport or her first name and the surname separate or the same way as its in the passport and leave the surname blank on all the forms?

Will DIAC pose any issues with the name on the forms if i put her first name and the surname separate ?

Please Help me out......

I think you need to put the first name and surname separately. I don't see DIACs computer being able to cope with a blank surname even if that is what ber passport says. Perhaps your wife should enquire about getting a corrected passport as that's going to cause lots of problems with airline computer systems as well.

Guest Pranav Rai Sood

Thanks Ken for the reply I am really confused as the passport authority and the people who made my wife's passport was a dumb ass i am really confused as my wife needs to apply for the visa tomorrow and i am really stressing out.

I would have her passport corrected before you apply for the Visa, but if that is not possible I would attach a note to the application explaining that what happened with supporting documentation eg birth certificate and marriage cert. proving her correct name. I don't know the process connected to the 309 visa, but if you only have to send the passport in to the DIAC at the end you will have some time to sort out the passport mess. I would then expect you to use Form 929 to advise the DIAC of the Passport changes.

If the process for off-shore spouse is the same in India as UK (which I'd think it would be...) you only have to send in copies of the passport.

If you really can't wait to submit the application until her passport is corrected, go with Web's advice. Include a clear, signed note (preferably a Stat Dec if you can) explaining the problem and that you are in the process of correcting the error on her passport.

Then as soon as you have the corrected document, send it in with any other appropriate paperwork to notify them of the change.

Or better still - ask the local DIAC office (or high commission or whatever it's called) directly for guidance :)