register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

oidara

Which IELTS test - General or Academic?

Hi there,

I've just downloaded the application form for the IELTS test, but I don't know whether to select Academic or General. I assume General, but is this correct?

Thanks!

Guest Guest31881

It will depend on what type of visa you are after and your what occupation you are looking at.

We are going for a GSM visa as a Software Engineer. We'd like to get more points by scoring Superior on the IELTS test.

If your going along the ACS route then they dont require you pass IELTS (unlike the testing body for Accountants, among others), so if its just to get extra points then its the General Test you need to sit.

HTH

We are going for a GSM visa as a Software Engineer. We'd like to get more points by scoring Superior on the IELTS test.

IELTS 19/03/11 (Overall: 8.5) | ACS (Dev/Prog 2613-12) passed 18/06/11 | 175 Lodged 22/06/11 | Front Loaded PCC 26/09/11, Meds 19/11/11 | CO: 30/01/12 | Visa Grant: 31/01/12 | Fly Out to Perth 13/08/12 | Settling into Perth...

is academic still valid to DIAC. and number should be awarded if someone have academic rather than GT ?

Guest jetandspade
If your going along the ACS route then they dont require you pass IELTS (unlike the testing body for Accountants, among others), so if its just to get extra points then its the General Test you need to sit.

HTH

If you have any trouble getting the IELTS score that you need. Search online "IELTS complaint guide" There's step by step information on that blog.

If you have any trouble getting the IELTS score that you need. Search online "IELTS complaint guide" There's step by step information on that blog.

This thread is 4 years old. I will close it as there is much more current information available in recent threads.