register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

desreb

Cannot apply for Decision-ready 121 as we are in-country

Hi all,

We've moved to Australia on my wife's student visa, as she got a Master's enrollment at a Uni here. At the same time, I applied for 121 ENS with my company, and they have Fragomen sponsoring the visa.

Sadly, Fragomen took some time to get things moving and, seven months on, we're only a month into the VETASSESS waiting time. From the posts here, we've another 3 months to wait for VETASSESS, and then another 7 months for the 121 application.

That's the problem - Fragomen say that although I'm a perfectly acceptable candidate for 121 DRC, they can't go the DRC route as we're already in the country. Does anyone know if that's correct, or is there a way around it (we're heading back to the UK for a month at Christmas, which could possibly work... if anyone in Australia worked over Christmas!)

Thanks!

D

if you are onshore you apply for the decision ready 856 ENS visa. The 121 is for offshore applications.

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Hi all,

We've moved to Australia on my wife's student visa, as she got a Master's enrollment at a Uni here. At the same time, I applied for 121 ENS with my company, and they have Fragomen sponsoring the visa.

Sadly, Fragomen took some time to get things moving and, seven months on, we're only a month into the VETASSESS waiting time. From the posts here, we've another 3 months to wait for VETASSESS, and then another 7 months for the 121 application.

That's the problem - Fragomen say that although I'm a perfectly acceptable candidate for 121 DRC, they can't go the DRC route as we're already in the country. Does anyone know if that's correct, or is there a way around it (we're heading back to the UK for a month at Christmas, which could possibly work... if anyone in Australia worked over Christmas!)

Thanks!

D

You have a confused understanding of the issues.

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

We are onshore, but not on an ENS visa of any kind; we're here on a student visa. I assume this cannot be converted into an 856, hence we have to go through the 121 process as its the first ENS visa I've applied for.

Thanks - I'll take another look (it's a while since I last did). I assume/hope Fragomen chose 121 for a reason!

Guest jazz123

There are only few visas, which if you currently on, let you apply for 856 visa otherwise you would have to apply for 121. I am not sure if student visa is one of those. I would still be surprised as to why could not you apply for DRC whilst in Australian,