How long does it take to get Citizenship?

Guest Longbean

Guest Longbean

Hi Everyone,

My husband is eligable to appy for citizenship in June next year. We were just wondering how long it takes from application to being issued with citizenship.We live in WA. Not sure if different areas have different time frames. Any advise would be great.

Thanks x

Hi Everyone,

My husband is eligable to appy for citizenship in June next year. We were just wondering how long it takes from application to being issued with citizenship.We live in WA. Not sure if different areas have different time frames. Any advise would be great.

Thanks x

It's taken me 24 years to get mine and under duress,from my wife.But now that we are hopeing to return HOME,when we can sell our property,i had decided to hand it back when we leave.But watching Today Tonight current affair show on TV the other night,The Huge exodis of Poms 45% and Kiwi's 48% that arrived in the last 5 years, don't reckon Aussie is The Lucky Country and are returning home.One pom said he had to pay $200 to hand in his Aussie citizenship.Iv'e always thought it. Aussie The Rip Off Country