Guest guest36187

Is Brissie a `liveable` city?

Guest guest36187

http://www.couriermail.com.au/business/twenty-better-places-to-live-than-brisbane/story-e6freqmx-1226125873390

According to this survey in todays Courier mail.....

According to Economist Intelligence Unit's latest survey, Melbourne has taken top honour, with Sydney (sixth) and Perth and Adelaide (tied eighth) also rating honourable mentions. Brisbane came in at No.21, with a score of 94.2 out of 100, compared with Melbourne's 97.5

94.2 out of hundred! I still think thats pretty damn good!!! Our Lord Mayor stuck up for us!!!

Lord Mayor Graham Quirk said that while the surveys made interesting reading, the events in Brisbane this weekend highlighted its liveability.

"On Saturday we will have Riverfire to signal the start of the Brisbane Festival and on Sunday there will be 52,000 at Suncorp Stadium for Darren Lockyer's final home and away match for the Broncos."

Guest sh7t man no way

i love brizzy jo--its a modern clean interesting city--ive never been to Melbourne --but ive been told its a bit old,and rundown in places--when in brizzy a must do is the river cat,and museum

Number 21 isn't bad! Being a fan of stats I'd like to see the full ranked list but don't want to pay the EIU for it heheh. I'm curious as to where my nearest city here - Glasgow - sits.

Interesting that the top 10 is dominated by Australia and Canada. I love Canada but most areas have awful winters. Vancouver would be more than fine - but Brisbane is where hubby's opportunities currently lie!

She'll be right!

Guest sh7t man no way

Not as liveable as Adelaide ;-) ;-)
isnt adelade the church centre of australia--i heard someone say

i love brizzy jo--its a modern clean interesting city--ive never been to Melbourne --but ive been told its a bit old,and rundown in places--when in brizzy a must do is the river cat,and museum

:laugh:come do the rivercat and museum in smellbum too shi7man, and I'll give you a free clip over the ear as well:tongue:

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”

John Quincy Adams

isnt adelade the church centre of australia--i heard someone say

No shi7man, they put a cathedral next to the Cricket Ground in Adelaide so that it would act as a marker to find the cricket ground, there's nobody in the cathedral last time I looked, except maybe Daniel, not sure if he likes cricket though:biggrin:LOL

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”

John Quincy Adams

Guest scottiesuz
Number 21 isn't bad! Being a fan of stats I'd like to see the full ranked list but don't want to pay the EIU for it heheh. I'm curious as to where my nearest city here - Glasgow - sits.

Interesting that the top 10 is dominated by Australia and Canada. I love Canada but most areas have awful winters. Vancouver would be more than fine - but Brisbane is where hubby's opportunities currently lie!

Hi Paisleylass,

Have lived in Vancouver for 41/2 years when it was the most livible city, and I can honestly say it was fab......but it rains.....A LOT..... the good bit of that is the skiing in the winter.

We are hoping to be moving at the same time as you.... if AHPRA gets there act together. Have a job in Warwick which is 2 hours south of Brisbane.

Scottiesuz!:smile:

Hey Scottiesuz

Yeah, it rained almost constantly the week we were there in December 2006 - I believe the climate is like Scotland! All the shops had umbrella buckets just inside the door heheh. But I think the lifestyle there would be so much better even so, and things like a cheeky weekend to Las Vegas (wouldn't live there, but fab to visit!) would be so easy.

Just can't wait to go now - this summer has been the biggest washout in my living memory, sometimes I regret moving from Liverpool! Brissy summers may be hot and sticky but the winter will make up for it. I have Brisbane's forecast next to the Paisley one on my iphone, and love comparing them!

She'll be right!

Guest scottiesuz

I look at the weather every day too, it really is the worst thing about living in Scotland. Vancouver in December, you should have been skiing!