Jump to content

Lodging your first years Tax Returns

Recommended Posts

Hi to all of you that are on your way here.


This is just a little useful note for you to know, everyone in Australia is required to lodge a tax return by law. So if you work for a company and you are on a salary they will issue you at the end of the year a Group Certificate of which you handover to your accountant who in turn looks at all your receipts that you will have saved , and then will forward it onto the Tax Man.

So please make sure from the moment you arrive in Australia you save ALL your receipts, you will be pleasantly surprised at the Tax rebate you get back. This will also help you when you claim for family assistance and rent assistance.

We have been here now for just over two and a half years , and trust me it is good to get a Rebate at the end of the year.

To all those that go Self-Employed make sure that you put your tax money aside for the end of year aswell.




Mark (marknhelen) :wink::yes:

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

That would be all your work related receipts, not every receipt you get for any old thing. It is a good idea to check the ATO site to see just what is an allowed work expense or an allowed medical expense (some pharmacy items are included)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now