How to find a job in OZ while in UK.

Hallfamily

After reading several threads on this site, I am feeling negative regarding the job situation. Most people are finding it hard to get jobs before leaving the UK as most agencies and companies prefer you to be in Oz for the interviews. My question is why would you leave a excellent job in the UK to go to no job and hopefully find one when you arrive there, to me this is a big risk when you have a family to support. Has anyone got a job via Skype, and is this the best solution? :confused:

Guest SueRich

Hi there,

I think it is really difficult for anyone to find work in Australia while they are still in the UK.

My OH is a tiler and over the last few weeks we have been emailing contractors in Perth regarding job opportunities - A few have responded asking my OH to contact them once he arrives in Perth, however, they can not guarantee him a job.

My OH is going on a reccie in the next couple of months where he can look at the availability of work and salaries etc and also speak directly with potential employers and hopefully 'sell' himself! Have you considered going on a reccie? Maybe if you had the opportunity to speak directly with employers then you may feel more positive about things.

I think alot of people will have emigrated to Oz without having a job to go to and unfortunately you will have to decide if this is a risk worth taking.

Hope everything works out for you.

Sue