and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest antipope

Yorkshire Bank part of the NAB?

Guest antipope

Just noticed that when checking my online banking with yorkshire bank that the address bar show it as being part of the National Australia Banking Group (Europe).

Would this make it easier / cheaper to transfer money once in australia or even move the account across to NAB?

But no, still wouldn't recommend using them to transfer money between accounts.

Guest Rebecca at NAB

Hi,

Yes, Yorkshire Bank are part of the National Australia Bank Group, who also own NAB in Australia.

Accounts are not able to be 'transferred' as such, as the Australian and UK bank systems differ, but we are able to open you an account that replicates what you have with Yorkshire Bank. Accounts can be easily opened before you arrive by applying on-line.

In regards to transfers, it may be cheaper to send funds, as there would be no need for an Intermediary bank (who take a small additional fee) to be part of the transaction. You may also be able to take advantage of our Migrant Banking Team exchange rates.

If you would like to discuss this more, please send me a personal message or call me on 0208 6149 320

Regards,

Rebecca

NAB Migrant Banking Team

Guest guest33730

I am a customer of Clydesdale bank which is also wholly owned by the NAB as well as being a personal customer for many years I also have all my business accounts with them as well.

When I migrated to Australia I was surprised to find that there are no benefits whatsoever in opening an account with NAB in Australia despite my track record etc in the UK. I found that companies like Moneycorp and Ozforex were much cheaper than them for transferring funds and all other services could be found as cheap or cheaper by shopping around.

I have to say I was really disappointed by this, it seems ridiculous that an international company cannot even give a nod in the right direction for existing customers (albeit a subsidiary company) when they migrate. To be honest I think NAB are missing a trick here and certainly they lost by Australian business by this stance they take.

Daniel

Guest Rebecca at NAB
I am a customer of Clydesdale bank which is also wholly owned by the NAB as well as being a personal customer for many years I also have all my business accounts with them as well.

When I migrated to Australia I was surprised to find that there are no benefits whatsoever in opening an account with NAB in Australia despite my track record etc in the UK. I found that companies like Moneycorp and Ozforex were much cheaper than them for transferring funds and all other services could be found as cheap or cheaper by shopping around.

I have to say I was really disappointed by this, it seems ridiculous that an international company cannot even give a nod in the right direction for existing customers (albeit a subsidiary company) when they migrate. To be honest I think NAB are missing a trick here and certainly they lost by Australian business by this stance they take.

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I believe that I have discussed your experience with you previously and its regretable that you feel the way you do about the NAB process.

Our account opening process is designed to be simple and with the same benefits (such as no monthly current account fees) for all customers moving to Australia, regardless of whether they bank with the NAB group or elsewhere.

As I mentioned before, we are able to offer preferential exchange rates for our existing NAB group customers, but I do agree with you that other companies also offer competitive rates so it is worthwhile looking at the options.

Kind Regards,

Rebecca

NAB Migrant Banking Team

Guest guest33730
Hi Daniel,

I believe that I have discussed your experience with you previously and its regretable that you feel the way you do about the NAB process.

Our account opening process is designed to be simple and with the same benefits (such as no monthly current account fees) for all customers moving to Australia, regardless of whether they bank with the NAB group or elsewhere.

As I mentioned before, we are able to offer preferential exchange rates for our existing NAB group customers, but I do agree with you that other companies also offer competitive rates so it is worthwhile looking at the options.

Kind Regards,

Rebecca

NAB Migrant Banking Team

Rebecca,

I am not sure what the fact that you have discussed this with me before has anything to do with this especially as I understand that nothing has yet changed - the services you offer are exactly the same for existing customers of a NAB subsidiary as any general member of the public.

Antipope was asking if there was any benefit in coming with you as an existing customer and you were indicating that there could be. I understand that you are just doing your job and wanting to spin things in NAB's favour however as a member of this site, having made the move and having personal experience of your migration services I also have a more unbiased view of things.

It may seem a trivial matter to some but you must understand that after spending hundreds of thousands of pounds with an organisation it is a little frustrating that there is not an internal system allowing for even a phonecall between sister companies or the sharing of background information ( even after permission has been given).

don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about the banking service your company offers, (indeed it is that service that I was after in Australia) it is simply that there is nothing in place to help existing NAB customers (Clydesdale, Yorkshire etc) in their migration to Australia any more than new customers - I really do believe you are missing a trick here.

Daniel