What do I need to do to get a successful ACS assessment?

magmag

Hey,

I'm interested to migrate to Australia from Egypt where my current job (teaching Math.) if fine with me in Egypt but is very complicated for me to carry it over to Australia but I do have a strong IT background (Troubleshooting PCs and networking fundamentals) which I'm planning to make use of by taking it to new higher levels by studying this 2 year course @ MIT (master of networking):

http://www.mit.edu.au/courses/86/

My ultimate goal is to become a system administrator for servers running Windows Server OS or something similar to this role.

My question is:

What else do I need to do in order to have a successful chance of getting a successful pre-assessement skills application by ACS (Australian Computer Society)?.

I'm trying to figure out an approximate figure for the associated cost and time for this journey. I'm pretty excited about starting it if it's within my budget and tolerance level.

Regards

Hello, you need to find the right asco code for your occupation and then look up it's description on diac, acs will only say it's positive if you have the work experience to go with it, there is no shortcuts and they are quite stringent. You need three years for points. If your already a teacher and have a qualification that may be worth pursuing instead. Best of luck.

Hello, you need to find the right asco code for your occupation and then look up it's description on diac, acs will only say it's positive if you have the work experience to go with it, there is no shortcuts and they are quite stringent. You need three years for points. If your already a teacher and have a qualification that may be worth pursuing instead. Best of luck.

I'm not sure if I got you right but my occupation right now is still Math. teaching so I have no occupation in IT yet but I'm looking forward to know what I should do in order to have a high probability in a successful application for PR. If no luck with PR, then it's not the end of the world for me but at least I need to do 3 or 4 years of work so that I reclaim some of my expenses during study and get work experience that can help me apply for migration to USA or Canada from there.

Guest JennyReid

magmag, please read about expression of interest (EOI) for PR on DIAC website. it comes into effect as of 1st of july 2012. it basically gives DIAC the power to cherry pick people ( the Best of the best) whose DIAC is keen to have them in Australia. if you are a competitive kid of person.. then it will suit you. hope this helps.. good luck though

Archived