Another newly qualified nurse at diploma post! But please read :)

Guest beccycrust

Guest beccycrust

Hello!

My name is Beccy and I am near the end of my 2nd year training on a diploma course. Me and my partner would love to come to Australia (looking at Queensland) as soon as possible from me qualifying! However, from doing some reading around we know it might not happen!

I have looked into the graduate nursing scheme, however on the queensland health website it says you can only apply once your right to work has been granted. So I would need a visa and to register with AHPRA right? On the AHPRA site it says newly qualified diploma nurses without experience are considered on a case by case basis (to do the grad scheme you arent allowed to work as an RN beforehand). So, I am not sure how to go about it?

Would there be more chance of AHPRA allowing me to register if I have been offered a job somewhere? Or is there a visa I can get that wouldnt need me to be AHPRA registered, then I could apply for a job and then apply to AHPRA? I would be happy to work as an RN without doing the grad scheme, so have emailed a few hospitals, but it looks like the hardest bit is going to be to sort out registration.

Any tips/pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Beccy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest loveaussies

Can Someone help me please!!!!!!!!

I got eligibility letter from Ahpra and to complete the registration process they want me to submit my ID's with police clearence certificate to any Ahpra office in person within one year of this eligibility letter....lots of my friends in UK got the same thing recently...I think this is how Ahpra giving out registration nowadays...Anyway in my case I manage to find job and sponsorship 457 visa..So as soon as I reach Australia I will submit my documents with ID to Ahpra office to complete the registration process as Ahpra says..Does anyone know then I will be in the register straight away or I have to wait another month for that....did anyone go through this new Ahpra registration procedure...

please help.......