Sign in to follow this  
Tea4two

Does partner's employment status affect visa app?

Hi folks

Just a quick one...I have been familiarising myself with the application form as my OH has his tests this month and then we will hopefully be in a position to apply to th DIAC. One question - I see it asks about the partner/dependents occupation status. Does this affect our application at all? We are on a 176 visa where I will be hopefully going based on my partners skills. He has the full 65 points alone and so I will not be applying for the extra 5 for the partner's skills.

My position - my work contract ended this summer and I have been reluctant to apply for a permanent position when I don't intend to be here for much longer. We live in a remote area so temp work is non existent also. We made a decision whereby if we don't get the OZ visa by Oct/Nov we will go to NZ on a years visa and work there first. So my employment status is more than likely going to be unemployed.

Will this affect our application at all? I'm a little worried about it now.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks xx

Vic SS applied 03/11, granted 05/11, IELTS passed 09/11 score 9/8/8/8.5 overall 8.5, pos skills assessment 18/10 ,176 app 22/10, granted 16 Dec 2011!

Guest Pixie10

Hey Baxters2011, dont worry- we've been there and done that so I can tell you it makes no difference to visa app

Goodluck ! x

Hey Baxters2011, dont worry- we've been there and done that so I can tell you it makes no difference to visa app

Goodluck ! x

thanks a million, that's great news :) xx

Vic SS applied 03/11, granted 05/11, IELTS passed 09/11 score 9/8/8/8.5 overall 8.5, pos skills assessment 18/10 ,176 app 22/10, granted 16 Dec 2011!