Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hornster

So what if Perth is now classed as Regional...

Guest Hornster

Now that Perth has been classified as Regional, how does that effect me wanting to emigrate to Perth as opposed to when it wasn't regional in terms of employer sponsored migration?

Am I missing something here?

It means that you can be sponsored under the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) for a job in Perth. Previously, the only permanent employer sponsored visa you could go for in Perth was a 121/856 ENS visa. It also means that if you have family in Perth, they can sponsor you for a Skilled Regional Sponsorship Provisional 475 visa.

Note however that the Minister was somewhat premature with his announcement and the regulations haven't yet been changed so currently, Perth stiill isn't considered to be regional.

Guest Missali

Hi yes it was a just a little bit premature, I have been in Perth for two and a half years on a 457 visa have a employer that is willing to sponsor for 857 visa, but will just have to wait untill legislation is changed. but on the other hand my defacto partner is australian by birth so its either wait for legislation to change and get Pr through employer or apply for onshore partner visa and wait another 2 years on a temp visa.

Hi yes it was a just a little bit premature, I have been in Perth for two and a half years on a 457 visa have a employer that is willing to sponsor for 857 visa, but will just have to wait untill legislation is changed. but on the other hand my defacto partner is australian by birth so its either wait for legislation to change and get Pr through employer or apply for onshore partner visa and wait another 2 years on a temp visa.

A bird in the hand...

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com