Visa information

Guest Nikkid

Guest Nikkid

Hi everyone, my husband and I are in the early stages of getting together all of the information we need to commit to a move to Oz. Can anyone tell me if there is a specified time period following the issue of a visa that we must travel?? We don't want to give notice at our current jobs too early and would prefer to haver a visa granted and in our hands first.

Any other visa advice would be great.:laugh:

• 1 month later...

Hi, we are looking at Victoria, Melbourne in specific as our agent has indicated that my husband has very good job prospects in the area. (Engineering Manager, Masters degree, CEng......blah). His skills assessment has gone off to Australian Institute of Management and we hope to get the reply by early Novemebr, he did the IELTS tests on Friday and Saturday. We have plenty of points so don't need SS but the visa processing seems to be very quick at the moment (looking at other threads, people have been granted visa's within 6 - 8 weeks of applying !!!!)

Although it's a scary quick prospect we would like a visa decision ASAP so that we can get our domestics sorted, sell the house etc... so we may get the agent to push ahead when the skills assessment comes back.

Thanks for responding, any information on any subject would be great.:cute: