MARYROSE02

I felt like a decrepit old fool last night (& not because of any post on PIO)

The evening started agreeably enough, walking from Surry Hills via Redfern, Waterloo, Alexandria, Erskineville to Newtown which I'd never done before.

I bought a loaf of brown bread for $1.80 at an Asian bakery near the IGA in Regent St (or is Botany Rd?) & treated myself to a slice of banana bread.

I was feeling noble for avoiding any of the pubs I passed but by the time I reached The Bank at Newtown Station I was parched and I popped in for two schooies of Coopers Green.

The Bank is an uber-cool place and although I was dressed OK (I hope) the white plastic bag with my bread in was definitely not cool.

Then I knocked my second schooner glass off the bar. Was it my imagination or did the sound of the smash still the pub? Then I started babbling to the bloke next to me - Pommie too - 'how did that happen?' 'did you see it?' (you were DRUNK you old fool, now stop bothering me!?)

More humilation followed in the station when I had to ask these young people if I was on the right train to the City. 'Are you sure? I thought it said 'Lidcombe' on the front? (City via Lidcombe!)

Then I started babbling to them on the train. Then I got off at Redfern thinking it was Central and had to jump back on and renew my babbling.

Just another drunken old fool with his belongings in a plastic bag.

Can I ask how old you are?

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Guest sh7t man no way

Can I ask how old you are?
i'm 53 m2m--my birth sign is Libra--nice thread to get to know the members ages:wubclub:it will be interesting to find out other members ages--how old are you then:biggrin:

57 - ANZAC Day 1954 - so, I get a public holiday for my birthday each year as long as I stay in Australia.

i'm 53 m2m--my birth sign is Libra--nice thread to get to know the members ages:wubclub:it will be interesting to find out other members ages--how old are you then:biggrin:

Don't you realise it's rude to ask a lady her age, but as I'm not a lady I will tell you:tongue:

21 and a little bit (ok a large bit). Will be 40 this year

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Guest sh7t man no way
Don't you realise it's rude to ask a lady her age, but as I'm not a lady I will tell you:tongue:

21 and a little bit (ok a large bit). Will be 40 this year

thats a big birthday coming up m2m--do you realize than when your 40--your closer to 80 than the day you wuz born:shocked::wink:

47 and I'm a Capricorn

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Guest guest30085

21 :wideeyed: . . . . . . . . . . . and I 'carry water' apparently :wink:

Guest sh7t man no way

47 and I'm a Capricorn
and luverly 2:wubclub: