hypnodyno

AHPRA registration criminal and health declarations

Hello again!

We're still fighting with our AHPRA registration for my girlfriend, nearly there though I think. We were just going over the criteria for registration when we noticed something a bit worrying (as we were hoping to post it tomorrow morning!). :sad:

The applicant must provide a statutory declaration attesting to the fact that they have no criminal history, that would preclude them from practicing in Australia.

The applicant must provide a statutory declaration attesting to the fact that they have no outstanding disciplinary proceedings that would preclude them from practicing nursing or midwifery in Australia.

The applicant must provide a statutory declaration attesting to the fact that they have no health problems that would preclude them from practicing nursing or midwifery in Australia.

We've done none of these! Could anyone tell us what these actually need?

My girlfriend has a current CRB we could send, would that cover the first one? What do we need for the disciplinary and health ones? She doesn't have any outstanding issues health or disciplinary, but how do we tell them that?

Many thanks!

James

Guest john76

Hi James, OH is a nurse and has also had to go through the hell that is AHPRA, they are not looking for you to provide crb checks etc, they are asking for statutory declarations. As far as I know there is a link here for the stat dec form if you search stat decs, thats the easy part my OH has just reminded me we had to have a JP certify all our stat decs also a public notary can certify stat decs so I wouldnt go sending your papers of tomorrow without checking out if you need your stat decs certified

Hi John, thanks for the reply!

http://www.ag.gov.au/www/agd/rwpattach.nsf/VAP/(CFD7369FCAE9B8F32F341DBE097801FF)~StatutoryDeclaration200602.pdf/$file/StatutoryDeclaration200602.pdf

Does that form look right to you?

It's annoying we need to get it witnessed by a JP! I wish we'd have paid more attention to this sooner, like when we were visiting the JP last time! :(

Ugh. Thanks though.

Guest john76
Hi John, thanks for the reply!

http://www.ag.gov.au/www/agd/rwpattach.nsf/VAP/(CFD7369FCAE9B8F32F341DBE097801FF)~StatutoryDeclaration200602.pdf/$file/StatutoryDeclaration200602.pdf

Does that form look right to you?

It's annoying we need to get it witnessed by a JP! I wish we'd have paid more attention to this sooner, like when we were visiting the JP last time! :(

Ugh. Thanks though.

yeah that looks right, sorry to be bearer of bad news but i have saw other posts on here where applications have been sent back because of missing info or missing certification so thought it better to let you know.

Bad news now is better than waiting a few months to hear it from Oz! :smile:

It's much appreciated, thanks.

Guest john76

no problem all the best with your application and if you need anyother help/advice give us a shout and we will try and help :smile:

Guest loveaussies

Can Someone help me please!!!!!!!!

I got eligibility letter from Ahpra and to complete the registration process they want me to submit my ID's with police clearence certificate to any Ahpra office in person within one year of this eligibility letter....lots of my friends in UK got the same thing recently...I think this is how Ahpra giving out registration nowadays...Anyway in my case I manage to find job and sponsorship 457 visa..So as soon as I reach Australia I will submit my documents with ID to Ahpra office to complete the registration process as Ahpra says..Does anyone know then I will be in the register straight away or I have to wait another month for that....did anyone go through this new Ahpra registration procedure...

please help.......

Guest ljs2012

Hi,

I am am wondering how this went for you, as I am in the same position now? I am worried I get there and have to wait a long time for the criminal record check? AHPRA are of no help what so ever as the the practicalities of this?

Many thanks

L