DIAC - how long to withdraw online application?

KazzKing

Hi all,

Quick q - does anyone know how long to remove a 175 Visa from the DIAC system (once the request has been received)?

Also, for an online 'saved' application (176 Visa) - if you've forgotten the id number/password, how long does the Adelaide Centre take to clear that from the system (so you can start again)?

I've been a complete wally, need to get this sorted asap.

Thanks for any thoughts.

K

Guest mjkwon
Hi all,

Quick q - does anyone know how long to remove a 175 Visa from the DIAC system (once the request has been received)?

Also, for an online 'saved' application (176 Visa) - if you've forgotten the id number/password, how long does the Adelaide Centre take to clear that from the system (so you can start again)?

I've been a complete wally, need to get this sorted asap.

Thanks for any thoughts.

K

I have lodged 885 online app, but I requested withdrawal of my online app on 17th of July, 2011. Finally, I received a withdrawal letter on 1st of August, 2011.

When you want to withdraw your app, you must submit written request letter with signed (main and secondary applicants over 18 years old). By using PLE, DIAC doesn't withdraw. They accept only written notice.

Hi,

Letter was sent beginning of July, but we keep playing ping pong as they've said they haven't received it (twice).

Then we spoke on the phone mid-July and they said there's a backlog re getting a refund but it'll be removed from the system - which it hasn't been. Also told you could lodge a 176 at the same time as a 175 but seems I can't.

Oh well, I'll be up late again on Sunday night, hanging on the phone...

Thanks

K

Guest JennyReid

mjkwon, just out of curiosity, why did you withdraw your 885 visa application by any chance ? :(.. your application seemed perfect to go smooth sailing considering your are onshore application. much much faster than its offshore counterpart 175.

Guest mjkwon
mjkwon, just out of curiosity, why did you withdraw your 885 visa application by any chance ? :(.. your application seemed perfect to go smooth sailing considering your are onshore application. much much faster than its offshore counterpart 175.

In my online app, there was a critical mistake. So, I re-lodged 885 paper based app.

In my both app, all information is same. There was no difference except the date of lodgement. After I lodged my online app, I found my mistake. So, I have contacted DIAC. But, they didn't answer clearly. I tried to contact DIAC again. They told me they don't answer for same enquiry. After that, I have contacted several migration agents.

Most of them advised that my app may be rejected depending on CO. To avoid any risk of 1% (0.0000000000001%), I made decision to withdraw and re-apply for.

Also, there was another factor. Before 1st of July, 2011, It was my last chance.

I must apply for 885 under old point system.

Guest JennyReid

I see. Fair enough. sometimes you gotta to do what you gotta to do mjkwon and I think you took a right move!. I assumed DIAC didn't refund the VAC of your withdrawn online app so the major downside was, I guess, you had to spend another $ 2600 roughly.. or DIAC did give you the refund of VAC ? best of luck with your 855 application, I noticed paper and online apps at this stage don't have a big processing time gap.. online apps are just 15 days ahead..