advice re pickfords please

yumimumi

we have pickfords coming to pack our belongings up beginning of october. am starting to wonder now if i have made the right choice now.

the sales guy who came to my house was great, but their office staff are not filling me with confidence, when i call them i get fobbed off as they dont seem to know the answers to my questions.

i bartered them down in price and managed to get a full 20 foot container from yorkshire to nsw for £3700, which i thought was good.

getting worried now, wish i had gone with john masons now, but john masons quoted us £3675 but that was for approx 700 cubic feet, but their staff seemed really knowledgeable.

please help, i know you cant name and shame but anyones experiences with pickfords would be greatly appreciated via pm, before i part with my hard earned cash.

thanks nicola

Guest Kelly R

Hi, We used Pickfords and to be honest the office staff could of been better I ended up sending paperwork twice as they had lost the first lot which didn't inspire me with confidence, but by then it was signed and sealed, so we had to go ahead. In my experience the guys who actually packed our stuff were fantastic they were very proffessional and efficient and did an excellent job, we have received confirmation now that all our stuff is on the way. so far so good. I hope this helps good luck with all your plans.

Guest edie209

We used Pickfords or I should say are using Pickfords as our good are in transit.

What can I say the sales woman was very helpful far better than the others that turned up. The packers were brilliant (apart from some eastern European ones that turned up on day 2 but were sent packing(excuse the pun) within 2 hours. Day 3 and day 4 went with any hitches and they packed my Harley too so I watched over that very closely.

Can't tell you about this end yet but since they are Pickfords at both ends I feel confident.

Guest ChiltzandTig

could not fault them, had to spend the three days it took at work leaving my wife to deal with everything, they just made it so easy for her.... no stress..... just good things to say about em.

Guest kennmikp

Glad i had a sneak at this thread :biggrin:

got Pickfords coming on thursday to pack my stuff up :eek:

All sounds good from the above posts, plus what iv heard from other ppl.

Will report back on friday (maybe the weekend after i get over the shock of everything going).