ETA & "8503/No Further Stay" Condition

Guest stillwaiting79

Guest stillwaiting79

Hello PIO's

I've got my ETA approved and its for 12 months - multiple entries - 3 months per stay.

My question is; Can a 8503 be put on an ETA upon entry?

Cheers,

SW

Having applied for a 143 Visa in January we are back in UK and applied for 676 Visa for 12 months but had to supply bank details,no problem but are still waiting for Visa since 15/08/11.Intended flight now having to be delayed.

Assume we will get but was advised that multiple entries of 3 months per trip may encounter difficulties at Immigration if used extensively

A friend of mine was on a 676 year long visa with the usual conditions to leave OZ every 3 months. She has a daughter in OZ and NZ, and spent time in NZ every 3 months. On her 3rd return to Sydney for the final 3 months she was subjected to an horrendous interrogation by immigration. She was taken to a room, interrogated, had her passport taken, and accused of not being a tourist, asked to prove what tourist things she had done, and told she might be refused entry!!!! She showed the official her return booking to UK to prove she had no intention of overstaying. Eventually her passport was returned. She won't mind me saying she is in her mid sixties, covered for health insurance, sufficient funds to keep herself and helping the Australian economy by spending her money here and no apparent threat to anyone.

I was horrified for her. If you are on this visa it is a good idea to have proof if possible of your return to your home country or onward destination, and be warned that this can happen.

Guest stillwaiting79

hi all & thanks for the replies :)

yes, i have a return ticket for when the 3 months is up. Also have insurance & funds to support. hope lady luck is on my side and no dramas when i land.

cheers,

sw