uk plaster needed

Guest chris carter

Guest chris carter

when in trouble i always seem to turn to this forum !lol if post is in wrong section feel free to relocate it ,, :tongue:

as a plasterer in the uk i didnt realise how good our products are!! until i move to oz and find that the oz equiverlent is a nightmare to use, its called hard finish plaster and you need to mix lime with it,, avoid it its a nightmare, i have just skimmed over yesterdays attempt with filler, :mad:iwhat would be a 2w hour mix is 2 days,

my question is have any british plasterers come to oz and remained plastering uk style (plastering the whole room ) not just filling and sanding the joints,

if so what product are they using???

i am tempted to import a pallet of british plaster and use it on my house, expensive yes but when weighed up against time and effort well worth it,

also when i am allowed to start work for myself in oz qld would they be a demand from poms in oz:biggrin: for uk style plastering,

hope that made sense,lol

all imput welcome

cheers chris

• 1 year later...

Hi mate, I was a spread in the uk and tried to start a firm using skimming gear, was very stressful as had a nightmare importing the stuff. Dealt with knauf A d there stuff was shite over render, did skim a whole place in Sydney with another product and it all went well but a very stressfully 6 months. I have now changed careers, lol. Hope alls well, just saw this was from last year but thought I would post anyway

Cheers