Deadline after 175 visa has been granted

stephenhall444

Hello,

Hope somebody can help!

I am just about to lodge an application for a 175 visa which by my reckoning will take approx 18months to process. Once processed is there a deadline by which you must come to Australia (& live) after the visa has been granted?

This must have been discussed before but I have had a look and not found anything!

Thanks,

Stephen

Yes, the deadline is 5 years (although you also have to make a visit to Australia by the date given when the visa is issued - generally 12 months after the earlier of your medicals or police checks).

I should explain that although the 175 gives you permanent right to remain in Australia it's accompanied by a multi-entry visa allowing you to enter Australia for only 5 years. After that you should obtain a Resident Return Visa (normally also valid for 5 years but you need to have lived in Australia for 2 years to be eligible for one - but there is also a 3 month one which has a lower requirement) or citizenship (for which you need to have lived in Australia for 4 years).

As long as you enter Australia before the 5 years are up and don't leave the country you don't need another visa.

Guest ananya2312

Hello Folks,

I have applied for GSM 175 (Offshore) recently and as we all know it takes 18 months to process.

My question is. Can i enter Australia before that (175) gets approved on any other visa with work rights??