Sign in to follow this  
libbysmum

using a uk mobile broadband dongle on an aussie network?

just as the title suggests really

i want mobile broadband for first month or so on pay as you go when we arrive until we are ready to get a contract.

I have a 3 pay as you dongle i'm currently using and it is quite new being hspa+ enabled, getting downloads of over 5Mbs. Can i take it over with me and just get a new sim on whatever network is needed or would it need unlocking like mobile phones, or would it just not be compatible full stop???:wacko:

thanks Sarah

Sarah 33, Dewi 32, Libby 8, Zack 6, Roxy 20 months, Blake 3 months VISA GRANTED 07/03/2011 FLYING OUT 13TH SEPTEMBER 2011:jiggy:LIVING HERVEY BAY LOVING IT!!!!!

It would probably need unlocking, but should work on the Optus and Vodafone networks, probably not on Telstra.

Jeremy Corbyn on the EU  " A European bureaucracy totally unaccountable to anybody"

so how would I go about unlocking it????? can I do it myself online? Or would I need to find someone to do it? I wonder if it's worth the hassle of trying to sort it out, but from what I have found to buy a dongle for a PAYG plan over there can be around $99, thats before you pay for any data allowances.

Sarah 33, Dewi 32, Libby 8, Zack 6, Roxy 20 months, Blake 3 months VISA GRANTED 07/03/2011 FLYING OUT 13TH SEPTEMBER 2011:jiggy:LIVING HERVEY BAY LOVING IT!!!!!

I did mine for free online, depends on which dongle you have, have a see if you can find any info via google on your particular model.

you should be able to get one over here for less than 99 bucks

http://dicksmith.com.au/dsau/search/dsau_search_results.jsp

Jeremy Corbyn on the EU  " A European bureaucracy totally unaccountable to anybody"