Guest The Westons

Permanent Residence

Guest The Westons

We are now in Australia on an e457 visa and cannot find out how to apply for permanent residence or how long we have to be here before we can apply.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I've read 2 years somewhere, but our MA has said as soon as we arrive, but we are been sponsored by my OH's work

Cal

Job offer April 2011, Reccie July 2011, 457 submitted 21/09/2011, my medical only 14/10/11, medical submitted 21/10/11 (IT issues), referred 21/10/11, approved 27/10/11, landed 24/4/12, PR submitted (decision ready) June 2012, PR granted August 2013

If you can apply as an individual on the skilled migration visa with your occupation being on the SOL then any time.

If your employer is willing to sponsor you and you go through the trade recognition process (VETASSES/TRA) with your job being on the ENSOL (Employer Nominated SOL) then you can apply for the 856 as soon as you like.

If your employer is willing to sponsor you but you don't want to do the trade recognition part, and your job is on the ENSOL, then you have to have been living here for two years.

I think that the above is right. We have been here for 2.5 years and are just applying for the third option.

Guest vikitdalal

If I hold a Australian visa subclass 176, then can I work at NZ?