Drivers License

Guest The Greens

Guest The Greens

Can anyone tell me for sure, is it right that when we arrive in Brisbane, we have to take a written test, to pass for a Queensland drivers license? Some people have said this is true others say it's not. So what is the right answer on this one. If you get the license then, is it valid to drive inter state all over Australia.:goofy:

Thanks folks,

EMMY GREEN

Can anyone tell me for sure, is it right that when we arrive in Brisbane, we have to take a written test, to pass for a Queensland drivers license? Some people have said this is true others say it's not. So what is the right answer on this one. If you get the license then, is it valid to drive inter state all over Australia.:goofy:

Thanks folks,

EMMY GREEN

No test is required. (see below, taken from the QLD Department of Transport website). You have 3 months to obtain a QLD license when you arrive.

Yes you can drive anywhere in Australia on a QLD drivers license.

Overseas licence holders

An amendment was made to the Transport Operations (Road Use Management—Driver Licensing) Regulation 1999 on 1 March 2006, exempting New Zealand licence holders, and certain other overseas licence holders, from having to complete the written road rules test and pay the prescribed fee for a car and/or motorbike licence.

Queensland Transport recognises driver licences issued from the following countries:

• Austria

• Belgium

• Canada

• Croatia

• Denmark

• Finland

• France

• Germany

• Greece

• Ireland

• Italy

• Japan

• Luxembourg

• the Netherlands

• New Zealand

• Norway

• Portugal

• Singapore

• Spain

• Sweden

• Switzerland

• the United Kingdom

• the United States of America

Applicants from these counties (excluding applicants from external territories of those recognised countries) are not required to take a written road rules or practical driving test when applying for a car or motorcycle licence in Queensland.

Testing requirements do apply for overseas licence holders when applying for a heavy vehicle (classes LR, MR, HR, HC and MC) licence. Successful completion of the written road rules test and the practical driving test for heavy vehicle classes still apply. Driver licence holders who currently hold a heavy vehicle class of licence issued from New Zealand will only be required to take a written road rules test on heavy vehicles.

Related information:

Last updated 14 August 2007

Guest The Fletchers

Hello Everyone:

I'm 16 and am moving with the crowd to Brisbane in November/December 2007. I was sixteen in February and understand that i can drive when i arrive in Australia. I wondered if anyone could give me a bit more detail for example what i need to produce and is their any sort of restrictions. I'm all a bit confused and would appreciate any lowdown on driving at 16 Thanks in Advance. Tom from The Fletchers

:jiggy:

Hello Everyone:

I'm 16 and am moving with the crowd to Brisbane in November/December 2007. I was sixteen in February and understand that i can drive when i arrive in Australia. I wondered if anyone could give me a bit more detail for example what i need to produce and is their any sort of restrictions. I'm all a bit confused and would appreciate any lowdown on driving at 16 Thanks in Advance. Tom from The Fletchers

:jiggy:

If you have a look on the link below it will give you all the information you need to start driving in QLD, safe motoring..

Learner licence

Archived