Police Checks and Medical Checks - How?

Guest sydneyshell

Guest sydneyshell

My Husband will apply for his Spouse Visa (I am Aussie) in the UK and I want to front load it to give us the best chance of a quick response!!!

2 Questions:

1. How do I go about organising a Police Check (we are in the Isle of Man but my Husband lived in the UK till 2.5 years ago)

2. How do we go about getting a medical check? is there a form that tells you the things that have to be cleared/checked???

If you have applied in the UK for your visa, did you go to the Aussie Embassy in London to lodge the application or can you just send it in?

Any other info that might help would be great

Michelle

Guest maxxangel

Hi Michelle,

I was given this link for places that can do the visa medicals: United Kingdom - Panel Doctors Although I couldn't find somewhere for the Isle of Man myself. I don't know if you will have a better idea of which area to search under though.

For police checks, it's a data protection form. My agent suggested going to the local police station to ask for either: the ‘Subject Access/ Person Record obtained under s7 of the Data Protection Act 1998’ or just ask for the form that is needed for a police clearance certificate for migration.

As we used an agent, I'm not sure about how you make applications, but I think someone else here will know. I know some have applied online and I'm sure you can do it by post as well.

Hope this helps,

Cara

My Husband will apply for his Spouse Visa (I am Aussie) in the UK and I want to front load it to give us the best chance of a quick response!!!

2 Questions:

1. How do I go about organising a Police Check (we are in the Isle of Man but my Husband lived in the UK till 2.5 years ago)

2. How do we go about getting a medical check? is there a form that tells you the things that have to be cleared/checked???

If you have applied in the UK for your visa, did you go to the Aussie Embassy in London to lodge the application or can you just send it in?

Any other info that might help would be great

Michelle

While we are on the subject of police checks, what exactly is a police check? My OH is Army but also teaches so has a current CRB, I also have one as I used to help out in my daughters class. Are these police checks? or are there different ones?!

Guest maxxangel
If you follow the link and click on British Islands you'll find there are two panel docs listed in Douglas IOM.

Ah yes! There they are! :embarrassed:

• 2 weeks later...

Michelle,

I am also an Aussies living in the UK with an English husband. Strangely my husband spent 10 years in the isle of man but has been back in the UK for 10 years now so this does not need to be listed on his police check.

We have just applied for a spouse visa and have had an email back and hubby is going for a medical on saturday and he handed in the police check form (national computer database) yesterday.

My hubby has a kidney transplant so we are not really sure of the success of the application.

Would love to hear how far you have gotten.

megs

While we are on the subject of police checks, what exactly is a police check? My OH is Army but also teaches so has a current CRB, I also have one as I used to help out in my daughters class. Are these police checks? or are there different ones?!

Al&Jo,

Have you got all the info you need about police checks?

Basically, you need to get to police to certify that you dont have any convictions.

Look at the Police website for your county about a CRB or data protection on nation police computer check.

Good Luck

Megs

• 4 years later...

Archived