Guest indaussie

How long for cat 5

Guest indaussie

Just curious that how long we have to wait ?? Some says they will start processing cat5 from dec 2011or Jan 2012 . But no expert advice. I asked my agent and she said, she dont know even DIAC don't know about it .

I am oct 2009 885 applicant waiting from around two years !

Guest crystal2005

I have heard of it. Even DIAC doesn't know when...

Guest jilkfree1978
Just curious that how long we have to wait ?? Some says they will start processing cat5 from dec 2011or Jan 2012 . But no expert advice. I asked my agent and she said, she dont know even DIAC don't know about it .

We are cat5 waiting 2 years also, I doubt we will ever get proccessed,have to face it, sorry!!!

I don't know if you're going to like this, but here's my opinion.

I'm currently in the process of applying for migration. I'm a cat 4 Type 175 visa.

Currently, most Cat 4s are waiting a year to get a CO. For Cat 5 to start getting COs, Cat 4 would have to be like Cat 3 is now, which is basically they get a CO a few weeks after they apply. I can't see this happening unless DIAC is planning on adding a lot more processing capability.

So, there will either need to be a directive the changes processing priority, or an addition of significantly more staff.

Beyond that, DIAC could give itself some breathing room if it did not approve any new Expressions of Interest to allow those to apply after July 1 2012. This would give them room to process the applications they have.

However, you should basically believe that Cat 5s are NOT going to be processed anytime soon. It would likely be either years down the road, or never. You should pursue other avenues to get where you want to be.

Guest Varlet

I totally agree with Hmsmark,

Unless they will start processing cat 5 in parallel with cat 4 you will not see it happening any time soon.

Guest indaussie

Yes DIAC not goin to to approve any EOI before Jan 2013 so there is chance for us .

I'm currently in the process of applying for migration. I'm a cat 4 Type 175 visa.

Currently, most Cat 4s are waiting a year to get a CO. For Cat 5 to start getting COs, Cat 4 would have to be like Cat 3 is now, which is basically they get a CO a few weeks after they apply. I can't see this happening unless DIAC is planning on adding a lot more processing capability.

So, there will either need to be a directive the changes processing priority, or an addition of significantly more staff.

Beyond that, DIAC could give itself some breathing room if it did not approve any new Expressions of Interest to allow those to apply after July 1 2012. This would give them room to process the applications they have.

However, you should basically believe that Cat 5s are NOT going to be processed anytime soon. It would likely be either years down the road, or never. You should pursue other avenues to get where you want to be.

This is what Diac had said that Diac anticipate that they will process some cat 5 in the new financial year 2011/2012. me personal I don't think their are as half as many applicants in cat 4 as their use to be when it was called cat 3 and they managed to clear a load of these in a short time, this week I have seen on the new cat 4 that 1 has a co and 3 visa grant if they can process at least 4 every week out of the 43 that are left to wait for visa or CO then they will have cleared those by mid Nov, I believe that they will process cat 5.

Tania:biggrin:

:xmas7:Cat 4 (Fitter) 175 04 November 08, CO 09/09/11 Visa Grant 15/11/11

Guest Scissor Sister
We are cat5 waiting 2 years also, I doubt we will ever get proccessed,have to face it, sorry!!!

I think there is a chance of getting processed and thats no chance.

I just cant take any more of this false hope, Its been one thing after another.

We have gone from Cat 2 to Cat 5 to Cat 4 and back again to Cat 5.

First of all we had the Sep 09 changes.

Then we waited for over a year for the SMP to get introduced and what a mighty kick in the teeth that was.

DIAC then removed my occupation from list and added my husbands, grrrrrrrrrrrr

Then we waited again in hope for July changes only to get pushed back to Cat 5.

Apoligies for being so negative and i do hope we all get there , But all this waiting is not good for anybody.

DIAC you are totally corrupt and please let us know one way or another and let us get on with our lives.