London for Sydney 12 month house swap

Guest sally2010

Guest sally2010

This is a long shot.... .I'm a Brit living close to the Northern Beaches. I've sponsored my mother to come and live in Aus. Rather than sell her property in London, she's been thinking that a long term house swap might be the way to go. Is there any one out there that might be interested in a swap for a 12 - 24 month period? She has nice 3 bed house outskirts of London/ Essex which is a 30 minute commute on the Central Line to City. She would like to swap for a house / appartment around the northern beaches, would be travelling alone and happy to look after any pets

:biggrin:

This is a long shot.... .I'm a Brit living close to the Northern Beaches. I've sponsored my mother to come and live in Aus. Rather than sell her property in London, she's been thinking that a long term house swap might be the way to go. Is there any one out there that might be interested in a swap for a 12 - 24 month period? She has nice 3 bed house outskirts of London/ Essex which is a 30 minute commute on the Central Line to City. She would like to swap for a house / appartment around the northern beaches, would be travelling alone and happy to look after any pets

:biggrin:

Sally you should check out agencies that look for house sitters. My neighbours over in Waverley use them every year when they go on hols. Your mum might be an ideal candidate to house sit for someone on the northern beaches.

thanks I'll check them out. I think she wants some one in her place too though just to keep an eye on things over there.

If you can find a company that operates internationally they might be able to help you both ways. Good luck mate. Nice part of the world where you are.

• 2 years later...

Hello! Would your mother be interested in a 3-4 month stay in Glebe (inner west Sydney)? We have done 2 long term house swaps in 2011-12 when we stayed for 3 months in Hertfordshire and 5 months in Suffolk. The people we swapped with really appreciated the convenience of Glebe to the city, fish markets, Sydney Uni etc. We are looking to spend time in the UK from August 2014. All the best, Janet and Chuck

• 4 weeks later...