what has the uk got that australia lacks

Guest sh7t man no way

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tesco ban on shoppers in pyjamas

_47200887_elaine_carmody_bbc.jpg Elaine Carmody, 24, a mother-of-two, at the Tesco in her pyjamas

A Tesco store has asked customers not to shop in their pyjamas or barefoot.

Notices have been put up in the chain's supermarket in St Mellons in Cardiff saying: "Footwear must be worn at all times and no nightwear is permitted."

A spokesman said Tesco did not have a strict dress code but it did not want people shopping in their nightwear in case it offended other customers.

He said he was not aware of any other Tesco stores having to put up similar signs.

I bet she's an Aussie:wink:

Well i am confused am planning on moving Australia soon and i have tried hard to think what i will miss about the uk. Maybe it because i live in Oldham manchester as pubs yeah are great but 1: cant get there cause have young children. 2 Have to have police in large amounts on the main streets of the centre cause of the trouble. My son got jumped last week of 12 lads for going to the park. Oh and it rains everyday!!!!! The snow yeah nice to look at but so hard to get to work in it and not good when you fall on your bum !!!

The UK has...frieldnly people who you can meet in the pubs for a few drinks at night without spending the whole day with them, the villages and atmosphere, the street parties, the festivals, the seemingly continous activities and things to do, the closeness of other towns/villages, the variety and accessability of food both supermarket and restaurants, price of clothes and shoes etc

Australia has....my family, great beaches, awesome sunshine (most of the time), cheap and good quality wine....ummmmm, now I'm struggling, Asia close by, vastness (but that can be a negative too)...ummmm OK I think Im done.

You be the judge :biggrin::biggrin:

Guest marmitegirl

Decent cheese!!!! I miss it so much!!!!

And clothes, I know up in QLD it's hot but wow....had my eyes opened to a whole new world of fashion (and not in a good way!) :biggrin:

Guest sh7t man no way

It's our year anniversary of being back in from the (not so)cold....!!:jiggy:
that years gone quick:shocked:connie--i reckon you,and dawny must have left oz about the same time--thanks for your replys--there nothing like a bit of bumping:wink: happy anniversary:wubclub: