119 Visa Timeline

Guest Jason Humphreys

Guest Jason Humphreys

Can anyone tell me how long it takes approx. to get a 119 RSMS Visa.I have been sponsored by a company in Cairns and sent off my application to DIAC in June.Got an e-mail from our migration agent on 29th of July saying that the DIAC received payment and are now processing the application.

Our migration agent said the process should take 6-8 weeks.Its almost 4 weeks gone and still no news of a CO.Has anyone been through the same??Its really frustrating as my kids are due back to school soon and I don't want to fork out dead money on uniforms and books.

Any advice would be great,

Jason:biggrin::biggrin:

Guest Whoopseydaisy

Im pretty much the same as you. I lodged my 119 visa on 19th June. Heading to Darwin. Its so stressful having your life on hold and I just dont get that ss 175/176 are getting their co allocated but yet the ENS/RSMS are still waiting! So much for cat 1!!

Guest TheButlers

Yep us too CAT1 and occupation on skilled list

RSMS Canberra Registered nurse

We lodged our visa app 22/07/11 not decision ready

got reciept of app received and moneys paid

Migration agent sent us for medicals

18/8/11 meds done

25/08/11 got email to say

Migration Regulations hereby approve the

application of Calvary Private Health Care Canberra Limited for approval of a nominated

position for a Registered Nurse as an approved appointment on 25 August 2011

checked with MA if this means we have a CO but she said no not yet but shouldnt be long til visa granted?!?!

So still in limbo land as they want us there asap when visa granted flights booked 13/11/11 (but moveable!) when do i hand notice in for work, putting little one back to school, when do i giving up nursery place, sell the car etc etc

Fingers crossed everyone:twitcy:

We submitted our 119 on 14 July (well, that's the date of receipt). We did our medicals within a week. From what I understand, they process 75% of them within 5 weeks.

What really bothers me is there is no number for us to call Australian immigration. how are we supposed to ask questions?

Guest pinkcera

We lodged on the 29th June, medicals were requested on the 11th July, had these in Manchester on 8th August (the prices!! I'm in the wrong job :wink:) Sent an email to agent to say they had been completed, which he forwarded on. Reply back was that we did not have a case worker a that point (I thought it was the case worker who requested the meds), and that a support worker was getting all of the info together.

Sent the final paper work last week, which included the police clearance and a court order allowing me to remove my children from the jurisdiction. Still no sign of a CO.

Anyone have any idea how things move on from here. The pessimist in me keeps saying they are just going to say no anyway......

We submitted our 119 on 14 July (well, that's the date of receipt). We did our medicals within a week. From what I understand, they process 75% of them within 5 weeks.

Big mistake above ... I meant to say that they process 75% of them within 5 MONTHS.

:mad:

Guest pinkcera

Anyone got an update??

I phoned the agent on monday and he said 'we're just waiting', but not being the patient sort I phoned DIAC just to enquire when they thought our paperwork may be looked at :tongue:. The woman we spoke to said that there was still a medical outstanding (the OH's daughter who is not migrating with us and for whom we cannot get a medical as we don't know where they have moved to), am I right in thinking that they may be waiting for all the meds to be finalised before they will pick it up?? I phoned the agent back and asked him to chase this up. But were a bit :mad::mad: at not knowing whats going on!!

Apparently our nomination hasn't been approved yet either.......I have no idea whats going on!! We had an email from a 'support worker' asking us to get out meds done. No CO in sight just yet :frown:

Anyone got any good news :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe it everyone - our visas were approved a few days ago! So it took 8 weeks, not using an agent and doing medicals by paper, for a 119. Hooray! :spinny:

Guest pinkcera
I can't believe it everyone - our visas were approved a few days ago! So it took 8 weeks, not using an agent and doing medicals by paper, for a 119. Hooray! :spinny:

Wow!! Can I ask which office you submitted to?? Ours is Parramatta.

Congratulations :biggrin: At least things are moving for someone :biggrin:

Congratulations, but what office and/or occupation are you going over on? does the occupation even make a difference......im so confused and frustrated about the whole process, my stage 2 was lodged 14th June and i havent heard a thing yet!:arghh:

Wow!! Can I ask which office you submitted to?? Ours is Parramatta.

Congratulations :biggrin: At least things are moving for someone :biggrin:

Same here - Parramatta. I saw on another forum, living in Australia or something like that, that 119s are taking around 8 weeks, or at least 8 weeks for serious processing. One person who had submitted theirs 8 weeks ago just got a note from their CO asking for additional information. Since our application was very thorough and complete, they didn't have to ask for additional information and just gave us the visa. We were never even told that we had a CO!

One thing that I think helped was that we had emailed the general address asking for assistance because my husband was going on a 2-month business trip, and would not arrive back until 3 weeks before we were due to permanently move to Oz. So I asked if they knew if we would get our visa before then. By "then" I meant when we were due to immigrate (in December) rather than before we left, but I think they interpreted it the other way and gave us the visa before he left! This actually made it very helpful because I have to start my job on 1 January so if we hadn't gotten word on the visa within another 2 weeks, I was going to have to start the process for a temporary visa.

I hope this helps and my fingers are crossed for you!

Congratulations, but what office and/or occupation are you going over on? does the occupation even make a difference......im so confused and frustrated about the whole process, my stage 2 was lodged 14th June and i havent heard a thing yet!:arghh:

I lodged ours through Paramatta and I'm a university lecturer. I'm going to Canberra. I'm not sure what Stage 2 means - could you explain? I might be able to offer some insights!

Guest pinkcera

Stage 1 is the employer nomination, where they apply to fill a position by a migrant. Stage 2 is where you apply to fill the nomination, well that's my understanding of it anyway, but I could be wrong!!

I lodged ours through Paramatta and I'm a university lecturer. I'm going to Canberra. I'm not sure what Stage 2 means - could you explain? I might be able to offer some insights!

Stage 1; Certification of the nomination (this position has to be certified by the regional certifying body, in my case immigration South Australia).

Stage 2; Nomination by employer (DIAC approve nomination at centre of excellence, pretty much a repeat of stage 1)

Stage 3; Nominee's application for visa (submital of 47ES for 119 visa, off-shore)

Thats my understanding of the process anyway. Stage 2 and 3 can be submitted at the same time although in my circumstances i have decided to wait until the nomination is approved before sunmitting my application.

OK, my stage II was held up for 2 months with no explanation - actually longer than than. My employer nominated me in March and it was not approved until mid-June. It turned out that they could not require a probationary period for me if they wanted to nominate me for permanent residency, so immigration told them that they had to remove the probationary period. That of course took a great deal of negotiation within the university (and I knew none of this was going on).

So I feel your pain! You should ask the employer what is going on.

OK, my stage II was held up for 2 months with no explanation - actually longer than than. My employer nominated me in March and it was not approved until mid-June. It turned out that they could not require a probationary period for me if they wanted to nominate me for permanent residency, so immigration told them that they had to remove the probationary period. That of course took a great deal of negotiation within the university (and I knew none of this was going on).

So I feel your pain! You should ask the employer what is going on.

I see now, so your 8 week period I presume is based from your application being received, post stage II. I believe the problem that all RSMS applications are having at the moment is down to the number of applications being received and this has introduced a que!

Well you got there in the end, good luck!

I see now, so your 8 week period I presume is based from your application being received, post stage II. I believe the problem that all RSMS applications are having at the moment is down to the number of applications being received and this has introduced a que!

Well you got there in the end, good luck!

Yes, exactly - I finally submitted 14 July and it was accepted on 15 Sept. But the original nomination was submitted probably 5 March, so the whole process took almost 6.5 months.