How soon to get shipping quotes

Hi

I just wondered how far in advance you need to organise shipping?

We have had our visas approved and need to start organising, its just that we have so much stuff to sort out now, I am not sure what we will want to take, or if we will send some stuff by air. The problem is that we want to move soon (Mid- November), so feel that I should be getting quotes now!

Any advice gratefully received.

Sarah

:confused:

I'd be looking to getting quotes asap.

If you plan to take loads, get a quote for a whole container to start you off. If you only want to take personal stuff and some furniture, be specific and have them quote accordingly.

But yes, get a move on :) They are really busy this time of year so it might take a week or so to get them out to quote you and so on. And you need more than a couple so it could be a couple of weeks before you have any real idea. Then you are into September and the clock is ticking.

I've also come up with my own inventory and given it to them (we're taking most but not all stuff in the house) because some people just didn't listen to what i said...

"We're NOT taking any of the beds or mattresses" must have somehow translated into 'We're taking all the beds and mattresses.....'

But yes, start getting quotes nowishly :)