Sign in to follow this  
Guest EFT

Contracts/Estimating Long Shot Request

Guest EFT

Hi all,

I thought i'd put something on here as it can't come to anything less that my proper searches done to date.

I work for BAE Systems (Defence Contractor) as a Senior Commercial Officer (started 5.5 years ago as an Estimator) with very extensive knowledge of the function (Estimating, Procurement and Contracting).

I am looking for roles within a similar field (incl. Construction) for short term work (as only on a WHV) in Melbourne.

I've applied for literally 100s of jobs but nothing has come of it - not even an interview (I assume it's the visa thing!).

Do you guys know of anything around or am I "urinating in to gale force winds" as it were?

Cheers,

Stuart

Hi Stuart

Without a visa it is nearly impossible, unless you have a skill which is high in demand and someone is willing to sponsor you. Good luck with the search.

Kate

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Guest want to be in oz

My husband is a Purchasing Manager and has applied for hundreds and I mean hundreds of jobs and heard very little back. Some don't even bother to respond. We're at the point of giving up. 457 visas in this area are very difficult to come by I was told by one recruitment consultant due to the fact that there is no shortage of aussies willing and able to do the job. So yes, you probably are pissing in the wind just like us lol.