Project management/ business analyst

Guest harvenus01

Guest harvenus01

Hi,

I am a project manager/business analyst for a major UK bank and have been for the last 6 years.

My family and I have just started the visa application process and hope to get a skilled independent regional visa if a sponsorship is not forthcoming.

My project management experience lies within the retail sector and specifically cutting edge of major bank initiatives.

If our visa application is successful we hope to to move to the Brisbane area.

Has anyone else in a similar role been successful in securing sponsorship OR can you comment on job availabilty in this field?

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Ben

Hi

I work in project management as well but i shall be going on my OH's visa as he is a mechanical engineer and so gets more points than me. I know that there is a jobs out there for the likes of us, mainly as I work with a lot of consultants who are from Oz.

My friend is a recruitment consultant whose company has offices in Oz and he was asking me today what my quals were as he could send my CV etc to diff orgs- but i cannot remember what the recruitment company is called, so if you wanted i could get the details and send them to you?

• 2 years later...
Guest Gilby78

Hi Ben,

PM Partners is a good firm if you're looking for somewhere to make contacts when you get here.

Banking jobs will be very difficult to find on a regional visa as most the PM/BA jobs will be in head office (generally Sydney or Melbourne). I understand with the regional visa you can neither live nor work in the regional centres so if that is the case Brisbane would be out.

Guest dedicate2

If you want to capitalise on your banking experience then you really should consider moving to one of the major metro's. I'm not sure that there's much going on in Brisbane.

You can expect your experience in financial services will count for alot in getting interviews at superannuation companies, insurance companies and banks.

If you have to go regional then consider Bendigo Bank - they're based regionally. It could be an option for you.

Archived