3 weeks til we fly out and the wobbles are setting in.

ghost

Guest mazkinmond5

Hi everyone, we are due to fly to Melbourne 17th Oct (7WEEKS) and we are feeling the same. I think its because things have settled down for a week or two! We have done everything we can up to now and its just a matter of waiting the bit out!! most days I feel nervous but reading other post on here helps keep me focused.

Good luck everyone. x

Guest buttercupv

Hi there,

I fly out on the 25th, I've never been to Australia and i'm planning a life out there on my own. I am terrified and excited. You only live once :)

Guest Lee Morgan

So glad to read that everyone feels the same about leaving! Excitement, nerves! We're on the Air Singapore A380 at 10pm from Heathrow to Melbourne on 27th September after 3 years of going through the Visa process! Got 176 Sponsored for Victoria. I am an electrician hoping to find work pretty quick when I arrive.

Just heard that without a job, real estate agents will want 6 months rental and bond in advance - I calculate this, based on $350 per week, to be apprx $14,700 (£22,000) which has just blown our savings out of the water!

Anyone else going to Melbourne? - we could meet up and share the panic!

Lee Morgan :eek:

Hi there, we moved exactly 8 days ago from Warrington. I used to work in Manchester and Liverpool, miss Liverpool!!! The wobbles are normal and will probably turn into the shakes at some point LOL!! but once you get here you will have spring and summer to enjoy and get your teeth into living in NSW. We are also here, husband working in Yagoona, I hope to find a job in Sydney CBD and we have just secured a temp rental in the Hills area. I am honest in saying that the first few days (for me) have not been a complete idyllic holiday, and am looking forward to being more settled and enjoying it more. I suppose if you have a family base with MIL that may help (or not?!!!) but seriously, have a stab at living in Oz, and there is always escape routes.... we don't plan to stay here forever and ever as I am a European at heart, but hey, I do plan to enjoy the time we will have here. If you and your family are lonely once you arrive by all means PM me and we will have a beer somewhere, Newcastle isn't so far away. All the best Naomi

Guest jubbsy
So glad to read that everyone feels the same about leaving! Excitement, nerves! We're on the Air Singapore A380 at 10pm from Heathrow to Melbourne on 27th September after 3 years of going through the Visa process! Got 176 Sponsored for Victoria. I am an electrician hoping to find work pretty quick when I arrive.

Just heard that without a job, real estate agents will want 6 months rental and bond in advance - I calculate this, based on $350 per week, to be apprx $14,700 (£22,000) which has just blown our savings out of the water!

Hi Lee, we too are heading off to Melbourne but not until 12 nov. Got all sorts of nerves!! Mostly finding somewhere to live with 2 kids under the age of 3 in 2 1/2 weeks...UGH!!! Talk about pressure.... We don't like the thought of all that rent in one hit but at least that'll be it for a few months. We were thinking about 3 months in advance rather than 6 though...

Maybe we could meet up for a pint in dec to compare notes?!!!

hey evry1. we fly to sydney on 9 October from Heathrow. having 2 nights stopover in singapore. going to be settling in nsw. near newcastle. i myself am quite lucky as most of my family are already there. My OH is stepping into the unknown, but as a contractor he has worked away from home for years. we have just started having our leaving doos, OH said bye to his best pal yesterday which gutted him, iv got works do and family do this friday. not looking forward to it but gotta just bite the bullet, as we know deep down its the best for all of us, and our little girl will have so many opportunities.

we are going to have around 2 weeks off to get accustomed to the place and sort the necessary bits an bobs out, whilst also getting jobs. im a midwife so may not be able to work in this profession until AHPRA pull their finger out and sort my registration out. but thats another story.

Pickfords are coming to pack our house up on 4th october, so i guess its wobbles all the way.

good luck everyone. nicola x

Guest Lee Morgan

Keep in touch - we will be 'veterans' by November! Let us know when your feet have touched the ground and a pint (or two!) sounds good.

I gave the wrong info on rentals - the 6 months is right but I multiplied the dollars by the exchange rate rather than divide! So it's not sooo expensive to rent. It will be about £6000 for the first 6 months which is much more reasonable and we'll still have some money to play with. My next worry is buying a car - it'll have to be a cheap one!

Take it easy, all will fall into place although you don't believe it at the time.

Regards

Lee

Don't panic mate, I think you got your calculations the wrong way round, 14500 aud under 10000 sterling. :)

I really know what you are all talking about, and I,m Australian. I currently live in Denmark after living in th Uk for over 10 years and we are due to go back to N/E Victoria in 3 weeks. Just to make things even nerve wracking we got let down by the removal company over here and are in a mad rush to sort something quick stix. I only just realised that the Uk relocation firms can sort things for us over here, so now am just waiting for a few quotes. God I hope its worth it..

I really know what you are all talking about, and I,m Australian. I currently live in Denmark after living in th Uk for over 10 years and we are due to go back to N/E Victoria in 3 weeks. Just to make things even nerve wracking we got let down by the removal company over here and are in a mad rush to sort something quick stix. I only just realised that the Uk relocation firms can sort things for us over here, so now am just waiting for a few quotes. God I hope its worth it..

Good Luck Gratto

My husband and 2 boys are due to fly out on the 15th of October to Perth, we have initial accommodation but need to secure a more permanent house in a good school catchment area asap. SO MUCH TO DO - WOBBLE WOBBLE. :twitcy:

Good luck everyone and if anybody is heading SOR around that time, send me a PM and we can wobble together :smile:

Pip x