register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest Charlie Big Potatos

Xmas Dinner

I know its a bit soon to think of xmas but I have a bit of time on my hands today and just found this lovely place for xmas dinner, quite a few of us this year so thought it better to have it on neutral turf.

This place has caught my eye

http://www.vintageinn.co.uk/thelionfarningham/

what do you think?

What are your plans?

Guest siamsusie
I know its a bit soon to think of xmas but I have a bit of time on my hands today and just found this lovely place for xmas dinner, quite a few of us this year so thought it better to have it on neutral turf.

what do you think?

What are your plans?

It looks very cosy Charlie. One of our sons lives in Korea and my father in Thailand so we all congregated to S Korea for a snowy Christmas last year which was lovely,. we also had a couple of American guys over to share with us from the base and it was very memorable.

This year we have Dad, 4 sons and some friends and we are off to Bali for our warm Christmas, one son flying in from London to get some rays after a pretty dismal summer.

Its just all being together that counts for me.

x

It's true, Christmas is about being with loved ones but I tend to alternate. I'll have one year with loads of family then think maybe a nice quiet one next year, then when I have a quiet one I think how nice it will be to have a big one.

Where is your son, I have had a pretty good summer in London this year. Today if beautiful.

Guest siamsusie
It's true, Christmas is about being with loved ones but I tend to alternate. I'll have one year with loads of family then think maybe a nice quiet one next year, then when I have a quiet one I think how nice it will be to have a big one.

Where is your son, I have had a pretty good summer in London this year. Today if beautiful.

He is in Bow and we Skype every day and I see the rain lashing down lol.

Yes Charlie, I couldnt care where I am for Christmas.. but some people crave the trappings, snow, festive spirit over there which I understand but its only 1 day out of the year lol x

agghhh thinking of xmas already !

I think I'll really NOT look forward to xmas day in oz :( I sulk at home if I dont get a white christmas (not usually a problem)

Ooooh that looks lovely!

I must admit, I was in Aus for Crimbo this year and it just wasn't the same. I'll miss the little things here and there, but, I did enjoy it a lot and won't miss the flipping SNOW! Sick of it now, and get miserable stuck in the house, lol. This year will (hopefully, we'll have moved out by then) be our first together alone with Marky, we've spent the past two Chistmases together (in the UK and then Aus) but it would be nice for it to just be us two without family.

309/100 visa lodged 04/02/2013, living in Aus since 01/07/2013, visa granted 02/09/2013!

Guest jtrd

To be honest i just wish I knew what country I was going to be in for Christmas at this stage. With 2 kids, I need to let Father Christmas know what the plan is - whether he needs to ship the gifts so we'll get them in Aust or to just buy small stuff 'for now' as our container is already on it's way.......

Guest guest57588

what do you think?

What are your plans?

That looks fantastic mate. No one does the cosy pub fire better than us poms. The grub looks good too. Gotta be better than me sweating myself into a puddle whilst the in-laws drink bitter lemon spritzers and make small talk!

what do you think?

What are your plans?

That's just like the pub Hatton was talking about the other day. :skeptical:

Christmas at home for us - have brunch outside, pool and chillin - then xmas dinner in the evening - perfect day

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Guest Guest16631

................was thinking of hireing a snow machine for chritmas............[if its not to expensive !]...............found a place in victoria.................need one in qld !!